Embrace the Truth Or Life Won’t Be Worth Living

truthTruth be told…

I’m not a journalist

Nor do I work for the news

I’m not always awake

But neither do I snooze

Am I smarter than you?

No, I don’t really think so

But when I read something

I research it, so I know

The truth can be distorted

A simple stroke of a pen

So the media pushes it

Until it’s heard again and again

Since our world is so busy

With so little free time

We often accept things

Said by organized crime

The truth has been criminalized

Just try saying it and you’ll see

It’s now being versioned

One secret and one for you and me

The constant diversions

So many false flags

All tracked and collected

Neatly marked with E-tags

A digital sleight of hand

Like that of a magician

Except these finger pointers

Are funded by a shadow commission

Disinformation their currency

As it’s all political theater

Each member of the old media

A most willing conspirator

Corruption is rampant

But the truth can be found

It’s takes copious research

And investigating backgrounds

When I run into a snag

And I’m stuck for many hours

I use my faithful guideline

Look at the money and power

Who stands to lose?

But more importantly, to gain

When the stories are twisted

Someone gets free, someone chained

And now the de-platforming

A modern day book burning

It’s to control the weak-minded

And to keep them from learning

The Universe Masters

Placeholders in the machine

Some even think they have power

While lost in a smoke-screen

Watch our technical giants

They all take orders from the man

That invisible world order

Trying to control all the lands

While the speakers try speaking

Shouting truth to the masses

They get pelted with milkshakes

Ridiculed and called classless

Social Justice Warriors

Pawns of the great charade

They think they’ll have it easy

When the final cards are played

Imagine their horror

When their Utopia isn’t there

They’ll be the new class of workers

And the Invisible order won’t care

They’ll demand a do-over

Claim no responsibility

But with Free Speech surrendered

It will be an act of futility

The end seems near

But time is still forgiving

Stop buying into the narrative

Or life won’t be worth living

More From This Author

Whitewash of Justice

The Night Ten Thousand Churches Burned

Realigning Begins With Questioning

R J Schwartz

I write about everything and sometimes nothing at all.I'm fascinated by old things, rusty things, abandoned places, or anywhere that a secret might be unearthed.I'm passionate about history and many of my pieces are anchored in one concept of time or another.I've always been a writer, dating back to my youth, but the last decade has been a time of growth for me.I'm continually pushing the limitations of vocabulary, syntax, and descriptive phrasing.

Latest posts by R J Schwartz (see all)

R J Schwartz

I write about everything and sometimes nothing at all. I'm fascinated by old things, rusty things, abandoned places, or anywhere that a secret might be unearthed. I'm passionate about history and many of my pieces are anchored in one concept of time or another. I've always been a writer, dating back to my youth, but the last decade has been a time of growth for me. I'm continually pushing the limitations of vocabulary, syntax, and descriptive phrasing.

8 thoughts on “Embrace the Truth Or Life Won’t Be Worth Living

• June 6, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Research, research, research – who will stand to gain? Excellent points to ponder, Ralph. I enjoy reading your fast-paced political pieces. Great work indeed.

• June 7, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Thanks Phyllis – the world is rapidly becoming victimized by censorship and it’s going to be a bumpy ride to see if freedom wins this round

• June 7, 2019 at 12:29 AM

So very true Ralph, always done the same: don’t trust the media or governments, or politicians as they all have agendas. The truth is there but needs to be saught and time and research are indeed the keys to exposing it. What a sad world we live in…
    Nicely written and more than poignant, my friend. Great work, Ralph.

• June 7, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Thanks Tony – I don’t trust any institution anymore as they all have an agenda to get paid, change people’s opinions, or simply to silence anyone they disagree with

• June 7, 2019 at 5:48 PM

I love this Ralph, and totally agree with every word. The media has always distorted things and stretched the truth even in the days of the newspaper tabloids but now with the Internet and social media being the main source of news for the masses it has become much worse. Journalists cut corners and do not do background research. they just borrow stories from other unsubstantiated sources to save time and cut corners.
    My father always said, don’t believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see( even with your own eyes.)

• June 9, 2019 at 5:20 PM

Thank you Ralph. I think so many do not realize that they control their own narratives by researching before making choices, taking a second to think things through, remaining optimistic, gaining your own knowledge and creating your own universe. Jamie

• June 11, 2019 at 12:20 PM

Your poetic words certainly speak the truth. We don’t know who is really controlling what but we need to think about what it is that we should or should not believe.

• June 16, 2019 at 9:47 AM

So good my friend. This narrative you speak of gets played everyday and usually right in front of our eyes. Theres always someone more powerful. The social justice people are blinded by their want their need to be defiant. They hope to fight everyone else’s battles for them. But you are right in the end there isn’t going to be any magic utopia for them. It’s so hard nowaday, we cant even figure out what news is fake anymore. To trust these institutions of journalism is becoming impossible. I think we all need to take a step back and look at the grand picture for ourselves. Excellent work Ralph.