Oh Joy, To Feel Without Words to Speak

Oh Joy, To Fell Without Words to Speak
Oh Joy, To Fell Without Words to Speak

What brings us joy is the simplicity of emotion,
experiences that soothe our soul,
warm our heart and fall gently on our minds
without any pressure of being,
and for those moments I give thanks:
the beauty of nature, the indomitable human spirit,
the rewards of selfless acts
and those God-given talents
that people nurture to perfection,
for the sake of expression.

This is joy, a height of experience and feeling,
when apart from our own self-interest,
we choose to share life’s beauty with life itself,
see beyond the mundane
to the exemplification of human possibility,
and in blissful abandon and wonder,
give praise to those souls aspiring,
and in doing so we are as uplifted as they,
being who they are and sharing,
and we better for it.

Music particularly stirs my soul, brings me to tears,
when talents rise from souls in nurture,
and still, they excel beyond imagination
to fathom the deep well of human expectations,
and soar like birds released into the heavens,
their love for art and life
like a panacea for all ills, and so inspiring
as to give a reason for others
to transcend their lives also,
to find that blissful moment of perfect freedom.

Life is filled with happiness,
connection and blissful experience,
we just have to believe it and be open to it,
as our senses deliver ceaseless opportunities to both imbibe
and sate the experiences that make life worth living,
and without love, what are we
but vessels of flesh and blood,
the soul our core and purpose for learning and growing,
experience, the manifestation of physicality,
while the mind and heart articulate.

Emotions are our gauge of experience,
profoundly set within us
in a never-ending search for knowledge and love,
to share and meld with life,
and to accept the journey that marks our ascension
to higher forms of consciousness.

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

5 thoughts on “Oh Joy, To Feel Without Words to Speak

• September 17, 2018 at 2:11 AM

The beauty of expression in this verse, Tony, is so inspiring it brings tears to my own eyes. Music is so much a part of my life. The joy of watching my son follow in my father and brother’s ability to create beauty and joy with music has been a blessing. I would love to hear you play some jazz – do you have any recordings? Jazz sends my spirit soaring, as does other styles that express deep emotion for the love of music. I read your verse three times, it affects me deeply. Wonderful work, dear friend.

• September 17, 2018 at 3:12 AM

So glad you appreciate it, Phyllis. My recordings are now twenty years back and most of its on tape not digital. I wrote a song for Alex Briley, the soldier in The Village People, and when he visited my studio we recorded it in a morning. Love you to hear that, he has the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard. I must get it transferred to digital. On that, I played all instruments: jazz guitar, bass, drums and piano, the only thing I couldn’t play was sax, played by a friend. Anyway, I will get to transfer it sooner or later and I’ll send it to you. Cheers!

• September 17, 2018 at 5:05 AM

When a true artist of any form shares their heart and soul with another and renders us stunned, amazed, heart in mouth, unending sighs, uplifting feelings, tears, joy, laughter and so many other stirring of senses, it is not only rewarding, but a healing in so many positive ways. I have often lost myself in others accomplishments, they in more ways than one have kept my spirit alive. When I am moved and that ‘s often, my soul cries out for comfort in their artistry, no matter the genre. We artists are gifted with being able to feel so deeply, our lives revolve around the comforting sounds of music. I for one couldn’t survive nor want to without my heart and soul being stirred and made alive by the sounds of music. Expression is what keeps most of us sane, my fingers still pluck at my trusty six string and I go into my own world for moments during my days. Tony this is a brilliant expression of just who you are my friend. I can feel your senses between every verse. Deep emotion a true artist is able to stir the music in us. Cheers

• September 17, 2018 at 5:22 AM

Thank you, Vincent, kind words indeed, which I very much appreciate. So pleased you connected, my friend. Take care.