The Observer

The Observer
The Observer

I did not want to write this piece this morning, I was leaning toward a descriptive nature work, but my writing hand is not always driven by my wants, and ultimately the piece came to mind and I must acquiesce, as is my process. I often worry I’m being too ‘preachy’ in these types of expressions, however that has never been my intention, and I just hope the words find souls who need to hear them. Cheers!

Each day as it unfolds
gives a broader perspective on life,
a honing of vision to clarity, and
its stark reality needs time
to realign one’s thoughts,
as the more I step back
to observe the process,
the more I am able
to separate myself from within it,
and see distinctly the undulations
and consequences of choice.

Sight is a misnomer of sorts,
as it is vetted by belief,
by experience and the biases of want,
so to see reality
one must be impartial,
apart from the needs and wants
of personal choice,
witnessing with open eyes
the activity of thought
in its cause and effect,
woven so intimately within being.

With a calm and considered heart
we may observe life,
its incalculable beauty and complexity,
and the fundamental processes of it expression,
all of which is graced by the perfection
of intent and action,
so to transcend our ego ridden thoughts
we must accept imperfection
and strive to better ourselves,
through kindness, compassion and love,
which is connected to the spark of creation
that determined our existence.

To observe life without judgement,
is a transcendent experience,
because it allows our potential to thrive,
in that our thoughts are not governed by self
but rather truth, in evidence,
and the knowing we acquire
is a blessing of experience
that leads us to connection,
and the fulfillment of living.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

Website: my books to review and purchase

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

6 thoughts on “The Observer

• July 9, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Masterful, powerful life lesson and well written, Tony. I do not see any of your posts as “preachy”. As you say, your intent is:
    “I just hope the words find souls who need to hear them.” Beautifully said.

• July 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM

I as well don’t find this piece preachy in any way. As poets I often think that we are given the gift to express our souls, surrounding and feelings towards mankind and the Universe. If one person receives a helping hand from what we pen, then we as writers have done our job of extending a healing through our words given us. To receive a compliment from a reader of how your work moved them to tears, laughter, joy or sadness is an honor to each and every one of us. So my poetic genius, keep penning with fury as our time is nigh and we don’t want to leave words behind that could be released whilst we live among our fellow beings. Peace

• July 9, 2017 at 9:15 PM

So true Vincent; I feel that striving, for the words just haven’t finished pouring out into the world. Your kind words and support truly appreciated my friend.

• July 9, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Yeah Tony never preachy, always enlightening and intellectual. I strive for imperfection everyday and in the imperfect ways we do things. It always gives me the drive to strive for perfection, and in the observation each day I learn something new. Great piece my friend.

• July 9, 2017 at 9:17 PM

Thanks Paul, yes we never cease learning and indeed trying to perfect our craft and perspective. Thank you my friend. Cheers!