The Power Show…nature unleashed

Nature unleashed…

The Power of Nature Unleashed
The Power Show…nature unleashed

In Awe of the Power Unleashed…

Like gashes in the night,
white tears in the fabric of sky,
zigzagged strikes so sharp
the clouds pull back in recoil,
and incessantly they pound the land,
as if to find every mark untouched, to brand,
and remind us who we are,
so small and at the mercy of nature’s art.

Those brooding clouds like cotton balls,
back lit by a thousand intermittent bolts,
light dancing, a show of sprightly mirth,
yet deadly, in its lashing out and girth;
and eyes in wondrous awe, witness the show,
the flashing glow of moonlight honed,
like massive claws grasping earth,
as if to claim its own.

The thunder like an endless growl,
a crashing sporadic sound that chills the skin,
as the power of an endless tide of light,
espouses the storm in boundless wake;
and we in silence lose our arrogance,
as nature reveals her omnipotent state,
and we hope for a soon reprieve,
lesson learned and silence be.

Tony DeLorger © 2016

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

10 thoughts on “The Power Show…nature unleashed

• September 29, 2016 at 12:41 AM

Wow! What a storm! I love a good thunder storm, but this is beyond anything I have been in. Nature sure knows how to keep us in our place, right? Great work, Tony. Be safe.

• September 29, 2016 at 7:24 PM

‘…and remind us who we are,
    so small and at the mercy of natures
    art’

Great line, and so very true. We do forget our place in nature, its power revealed in moments like these. I feel the same, dearly reminded, in face of a stormy ocean…we are so very small. The Gods revealed. 🙂

Thank you for the storm, Love it.

Best,
    Mel 🙂

• September 29, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Thanks Mel, glad you enjoyed it, this latest storm was a doozy and thank fully has now passed. Cheers!

• October 2, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Very professional looking, well done.
    Thanks for all the work on the book, we all appreciate it. I plan to order a copy tomorrow. I have been working on all the orange SEOs to bring them to green the last week in case we get new readers in from the book (who knows?) and wanted to let you know many of yours were brought up to green, of course with you writing so many more that would be true but still wanted you to know and I enjoyed reading them all, so even when I don’t seem to be around much to comment, I read here quite a bit daily.
    Thanks again!

• October 2, 2016 at 9:45 PM

A pleasure Jackie, and I do appreciate your work with SEOs as I know you’re always trolling the currents and fixing what can be fixed. I do try hard to make sure I get that green, but sometimes even adding subheadings and instilling the ‘word’ it still comes up orange. As far as readability is concerned, the algorithm is deficient in many ways, and depending upon what is written, I’ll adjust what I can up to the point of effecting the creative expression. Thanks you and take care.

• October 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Let me tell you that the most of them just needed the title with the focus keyword first above the photo, so many… that is how I got so many done. Oh I have just been looking at mine with readability red and black on so many! I may try to tackle that this week. Did someone here write an article on how to do those? Wishful thinking maybe? lol

• October 2, 2016 at 10:45 PM

With readability not sure the algorithm can understand a lot of creative writing: we do play with syntax and perhaps confuse the poor little thing. Lol. But following the issues that it presents can improve writing, only of it doesn’t take away from the creative intent. Cheers!

• October 3, 2016 at 2:26 AM

A “perfect storm”, Tony. Amazingly vivid description of the power and majesty nature can unleash.