At The Dinner Table

The Dinner table, brilliantly lit landscape…

brilliantly lit landscape

A contact light from electric soft glow,

incandescent over our home, our nights.

Moonlight off of the mountains, here to show

hands switch night to day, our bold earned rights,

A muscles movement, this one human act,

to release time, to begin a false night.

Our son’s glow, a time to act and to react

to visions bright in eyes delicate sight:

Our table, brilliantly lit landscape,

this food has manifested into shape,

with center made from our spring flowers bloom

these rhymes, these poems, paper to hold room,

to grow and grow within skies perfect rhyme,

sunshine will be warm family all the time.

Jamie Lee Hamann
Latest posts by Jamie Lee Hamann (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Jamie Lee Hamann

Things have changed over the years. My name is Jamie Lee Hamann and I have a passion for writing short fiction and poetry. I started writing for TCE around 2015 and since then I have finished two collections of poetry "Six Years of Service" and "The Rhyme of the Ancient Middle Class" both available on Amazon and plans for more. I share a weekly poem for TCE every Saturday. I started work on my first novel and I am using TCE to share my progress as I go. I share new excerpts of this work every weekend. A Science Fiction novel that I hope is enjoyable to read. I currently live in Lemmon Valley NV with my family. I am excited to share my poetry and my writing. If you desire to find my other work on the internet feel free to stop by my website simplepoetics.weebly.com. The website offers articles on poetry, poems, and links to all my other writing.

13 thoughts on “At The Dinner Table

• June 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Delightful image of the family dinner table, Jamie.

The image you chose is not in the live post. I will go see if I can get it in for you as the featured image. 🙂

• June 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Enjoyed that Jamie, kind of an esoteric metaphor driven wordplay that evoked many lovely images with clever phrasing and structure. Lovely work and very much appreciated.

• June 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM

I found myself whispering to myself while shaving … “an esoteric metaphor driven wordplay…” and I smiled. Thank you for your support.

• June 15, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Lovely words that evoke beautiful scenes in one’s mind Jamie. Well done.

• June 16, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Jamie, I came back to see how the image looks. I hope you like it. I read your poem again and felt the warmth and comfort of family at the table. Beautiful image you portray here.

• June 19, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Thank you Phyllis for your comments and your help in placing my words in a beautiful space.

• June 16, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Jamie, light, natural light, manufactured, the light of a child’s eyes, the light of a family around the table. Beautiful images. Love it.

• June 19, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Thank you Chris. It is a pleasure to hear from you and I appreciate your comment.

• September 18, 2016 at 6:48 AM

I love this one , it creates a perfect vision of a beautiful family , an perfect evening , You asked about one of my poems , feel free to use it anywhere ! I love this style of writing ! D you go to these western poetry readings ?…………;-}