In Quiet Moments

Quiet moments …

how-to-manifest

I wonder in quiet moments,
the pain that escapes my life,
what suffering souls must bear,
in the circumstances given.

I am saddened by the cruelty of souls,
the dismissal of life’s value,
and the pain imparted
for some accepted shade of reasoning.

Perhaps not evil, but misguided,
those lost in self-preservation, self-service
and to so wholly embody power
as a definitive success.

Why do souls fight for recognition,
is not the eloquence of life enough,
the potential of being, experience and joy
a panacea for all that seems imperfect?

Often humanity is base,
tied to primordial propensities,
and the potential of higher thought
hardly considered let alone pursued.

Happiness exists in sharing life,
in love and appreciation of what gifts we are given,
and striving for pennies
a weak and ineffectual substitute.

The soul is a myriad of purpose,
and experience is ours for learning,
but hatred, greed and violence,
has little place in a sentient mind,
a soul of awareness.

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “In Quiet Moments

• April 12, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Tony, I often contemplate the same thins. Often it seems like people devote themselves to the wrong priorities in life. Too many are just out what they can get, and don’t even think of the consequences of their actions or the effect on others. No matter how many millions some of us acquire we all end up in similar size coffins.

• April 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM

So true John, how important wealth seems in life, and when its over means nothing at all. One would think that very thought should align us all with a better perspective. Appreciate you comment.

• April 12, 2016 at 12:01 PM

So true my friend, the soul seeks peace of all things. The world about it transforms and defines itself, taking a quiet soul and transforming it into a mean spirited, greedy, self-serving, warrior and a thirst for war and blood. Priorities go askew, man chases his tail, searching and yearning for more gold. At the cost of others, he pursues it, drawn by it’s promises of wealth. Indeed, we are all humans, same flesh, same foul smell when we pass, pushed back into the ground to atone for our multiples. Peace is attainable, greed is a disease that can be cured, but only if we have a total cleansing of our souls and make the change to attain it. Like the song, truly we live in a Mad, Mad World.

• April 12, 2016 at 12:44 PM

So it seems Vincent, yet it is we who have to make it count; aspiring to wealth and power is certainly a pointless exercise in the end. The soul is much more capable of higher ideals. Appreciate your kind words.

• April 12, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Your work always seems to be so deep, but not uncomfortable so. Awareness… ah yes, and to an open, searching mind, the revelations can be staggering.

• April 13, 2016 at 12:38 AM

Thanks Wayne, I guess I usually like to layer my work, make it thought-provoking. Appreciate your kind words my friend. Cheers!

• June 1, 2016 at 7:20 AM

We are given the gift of life and in return it is wise to follow our intended path, to strive for our highest truths. I felt much peace in reading your words, Tony. I often ponder over these very thoughts that you bring up. Thank you for sharing these Quiet Moments.

• June 8, 2018 at 9:40 PM

Thanks Phyllis, pleased you connected with my thoughts. Sorry I haven’t answered sooner, I just found your comment. Take care.