Puzzled?

Puzzled? …

I love crossword puzzles, codeword puzzles and many other types of word games.  Words, languages,  are my main interest.  They are my lifeblood when it comes to my passion for writing.  The English language is so rich and its idioms and nuances are endless!

Puzzles come in many forms, not just words.  Puzzles face us in life itself; if we’re lucky we can solve them to make ours and others’ lives better.  Lets try to solve our life-puzzles by looking at them from every angle!

Puzzle Poem

Jig-saw puzzle, crossword puzzle,

wooden fragments, words befuddle,

all to fit, assemble, huddle,

creating sense of the whole.

Actions, thoughts and conversations,

share ideas, create inventions,

all in the mix for sound solutions,

attempts to meet our goal.

The puzzle is: What is our goal,

amidst our offering, challenging rôles?

How do we reconcile, enrol

adherents to our cause?

Each piece will fit as we spur hate,

learn just how to turn our fate

so we become each other’s mate.

The puzzle’s solution?  LOVE

AFC 6/2022

~~~~

For more works like ‘Puzzled?’ by this author see Ann Carr on The Creative Exiles.

You can also read more works by Ann Carr on Hubpages.

Ann Carr
Latest posts by Ann Carr (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Ann Carr

I love writing; short stories, poems, fiction and non-fiction. My time in teaching dyslexics, primary, secondary and adults, life with grandchildren and a multitude of experiences, all have taught me to value family, nature and life in general. I'm a member of HubPages (hubpages.com/@annart) which has helped me hone my writing skills. I have published an anthology of stories and poems on the subject of 'words', entitled 'Take a Word!', designed to encourage writers to stretch their boundaries when choosing words. It's exciting to be a part of a community which has the same passion for writing.

13 thoughts on “Puzzled?

• June 6, 2022 at 6:02 PM

Hi Ann! So I got excited when reading this because of the syllable counts in each line. I will explain I love how this is a poem about puzzles even the puzzle of human relationships and a sort of word puzzle in itself. When I counted syllables I found another awesome puzzle along with your incredible word choice. Well done! Jamie

• June 8, 2022 at 2:36 AM

Thanks, Jamie. Not sure what you mean about ‘another awesome puzzle’ within the poem. Can you explain further please?

• June 7, 2022 at 10:40 AM

Very creative the way you set this poem up, Ann. I also counted the syllables and find it very interesting and fun. Remarkable skill in this piece. Well done.

• June 8, 2022 at 2:35 AM

Thanks Phyllis. I finding it difficult to find the focus key phrase, even though I’ve read the advice. I get to orange but never green, despite a few changes! Any advice please?

• June 10, 2022 at 1:03 AM

Hi Ann. I always use the title of my post as the keyword or key phrase. Before publishing your post scroll down to SEO Analysis and click on the arrow to the right. The drop down menu will tell you exactly what needs to be done to finish up your SEO requirements. Let me know if you still need help and I will email you a detailed instruction list on how to create and edit your posts so you can publish.

• June 10, 2022 at 1:09 AM

Thank you Phyllis for your kind advice. I will do that and see how it goes. I’m not technically savvy so that’s my stumbling block! Your help is much appreciated.

• June 10, 2022 at 11:28 AM

You are most welcome, Ann. Another tip for you to help achieve a Green rank is to make sure your post has 300 or more words. It is difficult to get out of the Orange rank if you have a low word count. However, an Orange rank is Okay. We do not want our authors to ‘sweat and fret’ over posting. The purpose of our site is to let authors feel free to create and post without too much worry: Our motto is “Creative Writing Set Free”. I edit all posts and will do all I can to raise the ranking for the author. I love my job and take it seriously – helping our authors is very important to us. Take care and have a great weekend.

• June 10, 2022 at 11:32 AM

I’m very grateful for your response, Phyllis. You are most kind and I appreciate it more than you know.
    You have a great ethos here at TCE and I recommend it whenever I can. I do feel much more ‘free to create’ than has become the case on HP, sad to say. You all help so much and I appreciate everyone’s kind comments and attitude. Comments are always positive and that’s what keeps us writers going, isn’t it?!
    Ann

• June 10, 2022 at 1:28 PM

Yes. You are right, Ann. Positivity and kindness goes a long way to keep us writers going. You are very kind and I appreciate you.

• June 10, 2022 at 1:56 PM

I’ve now realised that my word count makes a big difference. I wasn’t aware of the 300 word aim; obviously didn’t read everything very well!! We live and learn – thank goodness!

• June 23, 2022 at 10:42 PM

Hi Ann, I love word puzzles too (crosswords in particular) and scrabble. Your poem was very well done and I enjoyed it.
    Phyllis is a real gem here at TCE (picking up after us all hehe) and keeps it running smoothly.

• June 24, 2022 at 12:23 AM

Thank you for your kind words, John.
    Yes, Phyllis is indeed a gem and so supportive.