Losing Hope

Losing Hope!

Losing Hope
I am Losing Hope!

It’s not always easy to be happy. Sometimes it’s hard. At times you  have to say it all. It’s painful to feel as if you’re losing hope. So let the pain pour forth. Speak your heart because it is sometimes necessary.

Pouring Out That Pain— Losing Hope

I don’t know how to cope,

I’m losing my hope and strength.

I’ve given up all.

My heart is burdened, and soul tearing.

I’m not sure if I’m really alive;

I write to pour out my pain,

But this bottle keeps filling up again.

My life is becoming a bloody game

I don’t think I want to live anymore.

I keep waiting for things, I know will never happen again.

This waiting is killing me from within.

I try to smile, but I can’t even fake one.

I’m on pills to lower my depression, but

I know they’re not helping me in this condition.

I feel like I’m dying on the inside, and

Most of the times, I’m at a loss for what to do.

My poems no longer rhyme.

My brain is shutting down, my heart is crying, and

All I want to do is pass this life on,

To someone who truly wants to live.

I’m exhausted and terrified.

I know, no one comes here to live forever.

But, yes, life can be hell at times.

Some life events can make you wish to die.

Sometimes it’s difficult to sleep,

At times, it’s difficult to breathe, and

Often it all seems to be turned upside down.

The play we all call ‘Life’ can be challenging and dangerous at times.

Some Paths Must Be Crossed Alone

They say that hard times do not last forever, but there are times when you feel completely alone in your pain and are unable to tell anyone what you are going through because you fear they will not understand. Writing helps a lot in such a situation because it allows the pain to come out. Life can be difficult, and the pain can kill you from inside like a termite eats wood. We all face difficulties in life, but some paths must be crossed alone.

Sometimes life can seem hard, but it’s not necessarily because you’re doing something wrong, it may be because you are doing something right.

— Steven Aichison

Losing Hope
Losing Hope

by Misbah Sheikh ©

~~~

I love writing poems. Poetry, in my opinion, is a fun way to express emotions. I enjoy conveying messages of love through my poetry.

– Misbah Sheikh

~~~

For more works by this author see Misbah Sheikh on The Creative Exiles.

You can also find works by Misbah Shiekh on Hubpages.

You can also find works by Misbah Shiekh on Medium.

Misbah Sheikh
Latest posts by Misbah Sheikh (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

9 thoughts on “Losing Hope

• April 7, 2022 at 8:13 AM

Sometimes hope is all one has to hang on to. If hope is slipping away, one must try to reach out for help. To know someone will be there can be what one needs to survive. Great work on this piece, Misbah. Well done.

• April 11, 2022 at 5:05 PM

Phyllis, thank you so much for reading and sharing your lovely thoughts with me. Your kindness is greatly appreciated.
      Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
      Stay Blessed and keep smiling.

• April 11, 2022 at 5:33 PM

Thank you so much for your very kind and generous comment, dear Jamie. I am glad you enjoyed it.
      Have a super week ahead!!
      Take care and stay blessed!!

• April 15, 2022 at 1:15 AM

Misbah, writing can indeed be carthaic, and it helps to get things off our chests that we can’t say to anyone in person for fear they may not understand. I know you are going through a hard time and that shows in your writing. Even when things seem impossible, and one bad thing happens on top of another, we have to hang in there because things will eventually turn around. I am always here and willing to talk to when you need to. Powerful poetry as always.

• April 15, 2022 at 3:28 PM

Hello John,
      Thank you so much for reading and leaving such a thoughtful comment. You are a wonderful and caring friend. I am so grateful to God, He has blessed me with a friend like you. Thank you so much for all your love and support; it means so much to me. May God continue to bless you. Amen!
      Take care and stay healthy.
      Blessings always!!

• April 26, 2022 at 9:31 PM

I was excited to discover this website. I want to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every part of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new things on your website.

• April 26, 2022 at 9:55 PM

Hello Israel,
      Thank you so much for reading and for your very kind comment. I am glad you liked it.
      Best wishes!!

• May 24, 2022 at 11:23 AM

This is a very honest and open insight into your feelings and emotions. Perusing the comment section John is right, writing is a very cathartic method of trying to free yourself from gripping inner pain or emotion. Send it out to the world and hope for some inspiration. Nice job