Looking For You

Looking For You
Looking For You

Questions, only questions and no answers. Have you ever had a vision of how things should have been? Do you ever have dreams of being another person in another life? Do you believe in everlasting life and that you have lived before? Have you had someone in your heart that you just can’t shake? Do you believe in soulmates? Have you ever felt you are still looking for someone and that person is looking for you?

Looking For You
Day in, day out, spent my lifetime looking for you,
Thinking destiny and fate would give me my due.
Been women and lovers down through the years,
Never been you, the right one, or so it appears.
I have visions of how you look, smell, and smile,
Through many of my loves, my heart still in exile.
When young in the Honky Tonks I would quest,
For the woman of my dreams to put my heart at rest.
Oh, I had women, more than most men could hope,
Dancing country swing trying to get my heart to cope.
Round and round the dance floor, looking into their eyes,
Trying to find the right one by telling each other sweet lies.
Even with a gal on my arm, I felt always alone,
Even while making love to the women I have known.
Day in, day out, spent my lifetime looking for you,
Thinking destiny and fate would give me my due.
Maybe you were my soulmate in a distant past life,
You don’t exist in this time as my life is full of strife.
Decided you were real, we were lovers in years past,
Looking for you now, or in my lives later, until I find you at last.
Am I a fool hoping you are just a tic of the clock away?
As the years roll by without you and I turn gray.
Kurt James © 2020

Kurt James Colorado Storyteller

For more Kurt James poetry:

Where to find Kurt James novels, short stories, and poetry:

~

So many questions – until I find you at last. For more works by this author see Kurt James Author Page

Kurt James
Latest posts by Kurt James (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Kurt James

Kurt James was born and raised in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. With family roots in western Kansas and having lived in South Dakota for 20 years Kurt naturally had become an old western and nature enthusiast. Over the years Kurt has become one of Colorado’s prominent nature photographer’s through his brand name of Midnight Wind Photography. His poetry has been featured in the Denver Post, PM Magazine and on 9NEWS in Denver, Colorado. Kurt is also a feature writer for HubPages and Creative Exiles with the article’s focused on Colorado history, ghost towns, outlaws, and poetry. Inspired at a young age by writers such as Jack London, Louis L’Amour and Max Brand have formed Kurt’s natural ability as a storyteller. Kurt has published 5 novels all based in and around the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Using the Midnight Wind Publishing brand Kurt has also released a poetry collection - Poetry and Thoughts of a Wandering Man - (Uniquely Colorado edition) and now this collection - Poetry and Reflections of a Wandering Man (Random Thoughts edition) all are available in print or download on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads and other fine bookstores. And a few shady bookstores as well. Kurt is working on his 7th Colorado adventure tale novel “When the Song Vanishes”.

10 thoughts on “Looking For You

• May 9, 2020 at 9:41 AM

Kurt I am still on the search. But I have met some incredible women along the way. Thank you for your poetry I hope you are ok. Jamie

• May 10, 2020 at 7:31 PM

Jamie, maybe the search is never meant to end. Food for thought. Thanks my friend and I am doing good.

• May 13, 2020 at 12:45 AM

Oh my gosh! Yes! I can answer yes to all those questions – been looking it seems forever. Thought I found him, but …

Great work, Kurt. She is out there looking for you and I hope your dreams and love comes true for you. Hope you are well, Kurt. Take care.

• May 15, 2020 at 6:37 PM

Thank you Phyllis and I am glad you could relate to this piece…

• May 17, 2020 at 12:47 AM

A very melancholy though hopeful piece, Kurt. It is sad that many people may never actually find “the one” that they are meant to spend their life with. Love should come with a treasure map to tell you where to look. Some people get tired of looking and settle with someone “close enough.” Nice work and thought provoking.

• May 17, 2020 at 1:26 PM

Thank you John for the wonderful comment on this piece. Thought provoking is good…

• May 18, 2020 at 8:12 AM

John took the word I was looking for to describe how I felt after reading this, melancholy. I also felt that glimmer of hope and perhaps the drive to continue the search. Excellent poetry my friend.

• May 18, 2020 at 8:43 PM

I have been astray, far from reach, my soul hungering for the pen, when I read your words, it brought back so many memories of strife, how I hungered in those hunger years, dreaming, the fog lifting, praying that she would be there, my soulmate forever lasting, the search ended the harmony of two souls as one. All the bad leaving me, the life rewarding and feeling lifted up in the clouds to the one I’ve hungered for all my life on this plane, then finally she is there a vision, yet so real I can reach through through the vale of time. Oh, my lord, we were meant to be forever in eternity, we struggled so in this world and then in harmony we’ve met. Kurt, you are such a romantic, you hunger as do I for that perfection, that brilliant moment when all comes together, and peace at last, our heart are silenced in each others arms. My friend, you will find her if you already haven’t. Beautifully lamented, the melancholy touched my soul. Bravo.

• May 19, 2020 at 5:15 PM

Vincent – such a wonderful comment from the master himself. I would write poetry every day if I knew you were going to comment on it. It humbles me that you found a little bit of yourself in my words.