The Sky and the Bee

The Sky and the Bee …

bee
Back to my bee so delighted …

Noticing and loving nature was taught to me by a great friend, teacher, mentor and coach. We would run cross country at 7,000 to 8,000 feet and sometimes higher. I remember once at about 10,000. We would cruise and then run in place sometimes and have to call out a plant by common and scientific name. Oleoresin is the allergen, Toxicodendron is the genus and Poison Ivy is the common name. And I swear sometimes this was before dawn. And then Scurius (I am not looking that up so 45 years later that could be wrong for a squirrel.)
Oh laugh all you want to but do that in the snow. I have no idea what rich kids did for fun.

Oh my we should be all alight
Bees and bugs attack my own small space delight
A simple sting cause not a fight
Effortless it would be to snuff their life light

But I love the little creatures of day
As they suckle all bright and shiny gay
Reminding of the happy way
No matter what my elders may say today

Let the love and dance be anew
Be my bride of love that I used to eschew
Like the sailor bring me back ‘fore the dew
Love will carry us, me and you

Back to my bee so delighted
Onto my old hand the rascal alighted
His color not at all righted
The rascal was a firefly that I sighted
I hope you are clear here. I lived in a place where one mile from my home I could actually and did face a Mountain Lion.
And can you even imagine I used Radon for years. And I am married to a gal from Vietnam. Think Agent Orange. I think lawyers used hackers. They are after me for suing because of my Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. You figure the irony, I cannot.
Help my cure. Not from sick but from ignorance. Listen with me of sacred spirit – Yeha Noha

Latest posts by Eric Dierker (see all)

12 thoughts on “The Sky and the Bee

• June 6, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Eric, I love this ‘stream of consciousness’ type piece – it is delightful and enjoyable. Your strong spirit is your cure. Take care.

• June 6, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Phyllis be my good friend and edit as you wish. This one was an attempt at 8 + !! I am doing another version I hope will be acrostic. Writing and playing with my boy are just the best.

• June 6, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Love it! I did the SEO tech side and all is well, Eric. I call this piece a ‘stream of consciousness’ type work often used by James Joyce, Virginia Wolfe, and William Faulkner (great writers). Well done, Eric. Kids are so much fun – I loved playing with my kids when they were little, we created some awesome worlds in imagination play.
        Ah! Acrostic. I have not done one of those in a long time. Have fun with that.

• June 12, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Nice work Eric. The poem actually flutters along like a happy bee. I very much enjoyed it. Good job.

• June 9, 2019 at 5:15 PM

Eric I enjoy your thoughts on nature and I many thanks to connecting two different aspects of nature. Mother nature and the nature within ourselves. I hope you are well. Jamie

• June 10, 2019 at 3:04 AM

Eric. This is another delightful poem and commentary, giving us a slice of nature and a little bit of your thought prcess and life experience thrown in. Your positive attitude and faith will go along way to curing your Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

• June 10, 2019 at 12:48 PM

Phyllis just about done with Acrostic. Tough deal there. But blame John Hansen. He showed it to me.
    Just as a note; I am going to try to get all bummed out and write some prose. I want to get mean and dark. Wish me luck.

• June 10, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Jamie I thank you much. My wife calls me Luciboo. She swears it is a real word in her native tongue. Me thinks not my dear lady. But I do go nutty and her point is well taken.

• June 10, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Look Mr. John Hansen my poetry is your fault. Perhaps you should throw me under Lawrence’s bus.

• June 15, 2019 at 6:31 AM

Thank you Rasma I have been reading your poetry for maybe 5 years now you are an inspiration.