Soul Family Love

Soul Family Love …

soul family love
Soul family love reaching out.

Play not with my mind, tread not on my heart,
fear not my love, for it is a love as real
and glowing as Luna at her fullest,
ask me how many stars are in the heavens
I will tell you as many are the thoughts
of intimate, lasting love I have for you.

You are a free spirit, as am I,
each on a journey to known needs
and desires, with the same goal,
yet not the same path,
for we travel alone,
yet in spirit we are one,
as is all our soul kin we love.

We love differently,
let me love you as I do
and let it be what it is,
in spirit, from afar,
a love so deeply true
it will last for eternity.

I accept your love for me,
knowing it is a soul family love,
it is a beautiful love
that like mine will be for eternity,
for we will love each other
in many lives to come and beyond.

You are my eternal love,
and you are very special to me.
~~~~

© 2019 Phyllis Doyle Burns

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Chief Editor at The Creative Exiles
I have always liked to write.It is important to me that writing comes from my heart and soul. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.
Phyllis Doyle Burns

Latest posts by Phyllis Doyle Burns (see all)

Phyllis Doyle Burns

I have always liked to write. It is important to me that writing comes from my heart and soul. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.

8 thoughts on “Soul Family Love

• April 4, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Beautifully written Phyllis. I do hope that love stretches beyond the reaches of what we can perceive, or it will be a fruitless endeavor. I for one believe in love for eternity, I have it for my children and for my wife. Hopefully that flame will stay lit forever. Excellent work my friend.

• April 4, 2019 at 1:26 PM

Paul, thank you so much. You are indeed a dear friend. I am happy to know your love for your family is eternal – how beautiful that is. Take care and many blessings to you.

• April 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM

I believe there is no greater love than love eternal, whether it be for family or a love from another who is not presently in our lives. We all cherish love, we thrive and hunger for it always. Without a form of love in our lives, we are nothing and often we perish. I know the feeling of lost love and though it hurts deeply, it has allowed me inspiration to write of it. Beautifully penned indeed Phyllis, masterfully expressed.

• April 4, 2019 at 1:34 PM

Dear Vincent, so much gratitude and many hugs to you for such an uplifting and gracious comment. Thank you. Take care.

• April 4, 2019 at 11:16 PM

I would call this a spiritual love story, Phyllis 🙂 Your verse reminds me of poetry from yesteryear, when poetry was more revered and embraced. Well done.

• April 4, 2019 at 11:53 PM

John, thank you so much. Yes, I agree it is a spiritual love story. Ah! Poetry from yesteryear – thank you for the gracious comparison. I often try to hark back to poetry of times past, so I appreciate your kind words. Take care.

• April 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Phyllis I enjoyed your beautifully crafted verse on love. A masterpiece of craftsmanship. Thank you for sharing. Jamie

• April 6, 2019 at 11:21 AM

You are most welcome,Jamie, and thank you kindly for such a gracious and uplifting comment which makes my spirit soar. Take care.