Whispers from Antiquity

Whispers From Antiquity …

Whispers from Antiquity

Oft I breathe in the times bygone,
my dwelling is in some yonder woods,
hills peep through my half-shut casement.
I sit at my small table, finely carved
with a kerosene lamp on it, a piece
of parchment flutters in the soft breeze.

As I transcribe my random musings
the faint whisper of my quill is audible
in the quiet of my room.
Each time I dip my pen in the inkwell,
words from the depths of my heart
flow and set on the sheet, moments
of pain and pleasure, hopes, dreams
and fears lie on paper to stay for eons
and I take a sigh of relief
to spill my feelings in ink.

Yasmin Kh.

Yasmin Khan

Teaching at Grammar School

Latest posts by Yasmin Khan (see all)

Yasmin Khan

I'm from Pakistan. I'm a teacher and a mother. I love poetry to write and to read. I believe in humanism and respect all religions. My message to the world is peace.

16 thoughts on “Whispers from Antiquity

• March 10, 2019 at 7:44 AM

Yasmin, a hearty welcome to TCE. It is nice to have you with us.

I like your poem, it is very well penned and a pleasure to read. I did the necessary SEO fixes on your post to boost it to a higher rank (Green). Any time you need help with posting, let me know. I will be happy to help.

PS: Please make sure your image is in Public Domain. To help you get started correctly on publishing please read Ralph’s “Creative Exiles Publishing – A Guide For Success” located at bottom right of Home page.

• March 11, 2019 at 11:48 PM

Kind thanks Phyllis Doyle Burns, for your encouraging words. I’ll follow your advice about using images.
      Thanks

• March 10, 2019 at 1:14 PM

Welcome to TCE Yasmin. However random or specific those feelings, it is always better to have a release to grant you so peace and tranquility. And what better way than to make such lovely lines. Nice work.

• March 11, 2019 at 11:51 PM

Thank you for nice words Paul Negila. I appreciate your point of view.

• March 12, 2019 at 10:30 AM

A wonderful piece you have chosen for your first on TCE – I can relate so well to the solitude and comfort found in putting your thoughts to page. Welcome, and feel free to reach out to me directly for any assistance you need; we are glad you’ve chosen to join us !

• March 17, 2019 at 3:15 AM

I’m grateful to you and to all other members for warm welcome. It feels great to be on TCE.

• March 12, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Wonderful poetry. It is great to be able to express our thoughts on a page and bring us comfort.

• March 17, 2019 at 3:12 AM

• March 12, 2019 at 10:44 PM

Yasmin, let’s get your photo up on Gravatar so it will show on your profile and all your posts and comments. I will send you an email with instructions and will stand by for any help you will need. My email will be along shortly to you.

• March 14, 2019 at 6:29 AM

Lovely work, Yasmin, and welcome to the Creative Exiles. I can also relate to the kerosene lamp as I remember the times as a child staying in a room above the garage at my grandparent’s house. It only had kerosene lamps for light. I look forward to reading more of your poetry.

• March 17, 2019 at 12:44 AM

My kind thanks dear John Hansen, I’m pleased that my poem transported you to your grandparents home, a sweet memory.

• March 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM