Down the rabbit hole of Millennial Socialism

Millennial Socialism …

socialistic

Twenty five thousand!! Twenty five thousand??
Yup twenty five thousand jobs were forfeit
Gone like common sense, replaced with doubting,
And one little woman shouting on our coffins

The dawn of socialism chinked our precepts
Like a virus attacking the callow
As replications of the past scar like defects
The real evil is birthed in the shadows.

Behold the oak bar with grand delusions
More than just drinks are now being shaken.
She poisons the patrons with verbal pollution,
Upon the human teet, her conquest now ravens

What nefarious type of sorcery
Did this wicked witch use on her people?
Her janus-faced flip-flops, precursory
For tactics used to defend her steeple.

Joke’s on us, our economy destroyed,
Impaired before erected like cheap children’s toys.
So triggered like the rest, and easily annoyed,
She is the person I tell my kids to avoid.

I guess ten million is more than plenty
To forget about determination
Affronts from someone in their late twenties
I envy her drive for amelioration

How ever fruitless and vacuous her pleas,
There are still some who will blindly follow
Until she gets counselled for her disease
Her thoughts will be a tough pill to swallow

Some rookie politicians have incentive,
Some were picked because their opponent was worse.
Some anchored to their party’s momentum,
Some are a gift to culture, and some are a curse.

Shunned by some leaders, she continues to yap,
Through vision of tunnels, she feeds us with crap.
Her words and her banter were meant to entrap
On January 3 (2019) we began this mishap

But through her foresight money would grow on trees
Though the 3 billion was never yours A.O.C.
Each time we swat you, you come back like a flea
I’m for empowered women, just not for you sweet pea.

Sometimes you learn more with your ears than your voice
Maybe listening and absorbing works
Instead of riding the plot, you have a choice
Of making a difference within your networks

But we cant even get a real answer
Of places you are required to be present
Your answers were not anchors but cancers
The perversion of candor, in lies where you frequent

The past failings of a socialistic front,
Are too many to not be considered
Add her lack of experience to the forefront,
My how the establishment has withered.

If we are all a part of this together
Equally and also unequivocally
How are you in charge, what makes you the better,
Who is to point out your inefficiencies.

Freedom for security she whispers
A.O.C. is just a voice for this temptress
Naively she flaunts her radical whiskers
Unearned ones given to millenial leftists

The destination of capitalism,
Its untimely demise remains unknown
And each day we lean left draws criticism
Towards a rabbit hole we would bemoan

The lessons learned from Hitler and Stalin,
The failures of Mao ZeDong, Fidel and Spain.
Where stagnation and raised taxes are common,
And problems with unemployment are feigned.

Without a market or competition
There is no orientation of value
There is only brute force and submission,
And kneeling to their despotic abuse.

Those blinded by the initial success
Of a socialistic society
Are destined to oppress, then make us regress
Back into a people of poverty.

Next then for socialists, is communist red
Go ask the countries who are rationing bread
Ask them if everything is just how they said
Or if socialism has left them for dead

Paul Neglia

Proud father of 3. Part time writer of poetry and short stories. I want to paint the world in but a few words.
Paul Neglia

Latest posts by Paul Neglia (see all)

Paul Neglia

9 thoughts on “Down the rabbit hole of Millennial Socialism

• February 26, 2019 at 5:04 PM

Where the heck did AOC come from – a sci-fi comedy? She is beyond stupid. She calls dairy farms or cattle ranches “factory farming”. She wants to get rid of farting cows, airplanes, cars, gas, oil … I do believe she would do far better with a career in comedy rather than politics. Paul, this is a great post and so well penned. I truly enjoyed reading it. Well done, dear friend.

• February 26, 2019 at 7:52 PM

She is out of her mind. I cant believe the 2020 democratic presidential candidates are siding with her. Her proposal actually said we should provide security(wages) to people “UNWILLING” to work. Um no. Why would I ever sign up for that. How about this I dont want to work either, pay my salary. I cannot believe she even presented this as a proposal. She didn’t know the 3 branches of government, there were just so many other things. I cant believe that socialism is sneaking into the american society. It fails every time, everywhere they’ve tried it. So crazy. Thank you for the kind words Phyllis. I truly appreciate them.

• March 2, 2019 at 9:30 AM

Hello Ralph, you have written a powerful political poem that is enlightening as controversial. Well done. Jamie

• March 2, 2019 at 5:13 PM

Hey Jamie I hope this comment was meant for me, and if it was i thank you very much for it.

• March 2, 2019 at 3:07 PM

AOC is as radical as they come, your right Phyllis, she would make a hell of a lead role in a Horror or Sci-fi flick with all of those gross contortions she continuously makes with her ignorant face. Socialism has never worked and never will. It simply lines the pockets of their dictators at the deadly expense of it’s citizens. All dictators pay the ultimate price, I just wish they paid it quicker, they are greed and fear mongers securing the support of militaristic arms. The moderate Left are now becoming the Socialist Left and unless moderates like Biden and others stamp it out, the ilks of AOC and Bernie Sanders will attempt to be the orators of demise for Capitalism and free enterprise in your country, God help us all. Paul your words in verse are beyond excellent, you hit the nail on it’s head 100%, let’s hope the majority of your fellow Americans defeat them at the polls and keep your country safe. Peace my friend, very well penned, Bravo.

• March 2, 2019 at 5:19 PM

Sanders is just as cooky as AOC. Theres even tape of him preaching or sympathetic towards communism. And sadly the american left is eating it up. I think Biden would be a good candidate to put out there to go against Bernie, but ultimately the left is running out of real candidates to run against Trump. Not saying I agree with Trump for everything, but the left and their ways are atrocious for America. Socialism doesnt work, never has. When asked to put together a climate plan we got this Green New Deal, which would have cost an estimated 93 trillion dollars. The left is cool with killing babies, even though I dont think abortion belongs in politics. The only thing I may agree with them on is that rich need to pay their fair share of taxes and not be able to work through tax loopholes to avoid paying. Thank you so much for your comments Vincent.

• March 5, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Paul, I don’t even know who AOC is, but this poem is hard hitting and I am sure makes it’s point powerfully. I can feel the ire and frustration in your words. Well done.

• March 11, 2019 at 10:42 AM

If you look her up, she’s nuts. She’s become the “fresh face of the democrats.” Its a very ugly point of view, Democrats have become blind to the people, as a matter of fact all politicians have become blind. Its now more of who’s party can outdo the other not what’s good for the people. To parade her up front and personal is a perfect example of this. She is clueless when it comes to government and economics. Thank you for your comment John. Much appreciation