A New Ideological Darkness

Ideological Darkness …

So now movie critics will tell me how I should think
kings and queens tell me my soulful sign
I was raised by the parents in social kindness
but you think you know what’s in my mind

The celebrity because of fame knows more than I
or the man on a stage is a saint
So let me tell you to your face
knowing of what I am ……..you ain’t

So stick your opinions where the sun don’t shine here
let me give you a hand
Go on back now to Hollywood where there’s
a dark dark stain on that great land

Prejudice or systemic racism of which
you who scream the loudest know
call me a racist but please do it to my face
and then both of us will know

You know nothing of the whips  and chains but
that of which you read
I know nothing of actually owning another man
so neither of us concede

Want to open up another man’s heart and ask him
how he might understand ?
Stop assuming that you really know me and my mind
then get to know me as a man

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would we say "Now about me!"... I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ...

Latest posts by EdF (see all)

EdF

8 thoughts on “A New Ideological Darkness

• February 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Yes…that needed to be said. Let’s teach our children how to be men and women by our own example and not the examples of these “celebrities.” Jamie

• February 3, 2019 at 5:39 AM

Thanks Jamie , I’m so tired of what is now implied of someone with white skin in America , They just don’t get it that calling out racism where it isn’t …..Is actually racist . This isn’t as political as a injury to one’s character . Phony’s piss me off .
    Be well and be strong ……..Ed

• February 3, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Truth. Nothing like people passing falsehoods as fact. Hollywood is a joke nowadays, most are liberal knuckleheads who think because they can act a part we should trust them. Please. Nice writing Ed.

• February 3, 2019 at 11:20 PM

Well said, Ed. I, too, am tired of hearing about whites being racist. That is one of the dirty lies the left started for their own sick reasons. Thank you for writing this. Take care and be well.

• February 4, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Hi Paul , Thank you , Yes I am so tired of all the phoniness and manufactured outrage that it has become easy for me to turn hollywood off ! Too bad but Hey I can spend more time here .
    Be well Paul !

• February 4, 2019 at 5:26 PM

Phyllis , You are correct , “………dirty Lies………. ” Thank you Phyllis , for everything my friend !

• February 4, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Ed, I read something recently…basically, why do we put celebrities like actors, singers and sports stars on pedestals as heroes, and spokespeople (experts) for things they have no qualifications in? Advertising and the media use a familiar face to promote their agenda because they know many are susceptible.
    The real heroes should be doctors, firefighters, teachers, farmers etc who actually have an effect on pour lives….not shallow faces on stage, screen or field. Some whites are racist sure, just like some blacks, some Asians, and Middle Easteners are. Thanks for sharing in this poem.

• February 5, 2019 at 5:08 PM

You couldn’t have stated that any better John I get so sick of the hypocrisy ! You are one thousand percent correct in the “real heroes “!
    Thank you !