Summer Rain…a cleansing flow

Summer Rain...a cleansing flow
Summer Rain…a cleansing flow

A Cleansing Flow

The rain in cleansing flow
creates pools on steaming roads,
like echoes of sky
the blue resides over pressed tar,
relief from the shimmering heat,
as droplets scatter,
as if painting shadows
on a dark canvas,
until teaming rain washes away
the past, and refuse moves
to clear those choked streets,
drains swallowing hard
to enable the refrain.

As the sun pushes clouds away,
and the shadows dry to pale,
the streets are renewed,
the air so crisp and clean,
and the grit of living cleansed,
as if a new day,
and the sky bristles with clarity,
no disparity remains,
just the change, as summer cools
with its momentary rain,
as clouds scatter,
their thoughts abate
and clear skies remain.

Tony DeLorger © 2019

My books link for review and purchase

Tony DeLorger

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

9 thoughts on “Summer Rain…a cleansing flow

• January 17, 2019 at 10:26 PM

I love a refreshing summer rain – the smell afterwards is so clean and pleasant. Lovely verse, Tony. Take care.

• January 18, 2019 at 12:00 AM

Thanks Phyllis, glad you appreciated it. We’ve just been through a week of 41-2 degree C, and a cooling shower is what we needed. Take care.

• January 17, 2019 at 11:58 PM

I can relate to this Tony. With the scorching temperatures, we have had recently the tar on the road actually melts and what a relief it is to get some rain to sooth it. Have often seen steam rising off the hot road as the water cools it. Good poem.

• January 18, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Thanks John, you know what I’m talking about. We Aussies are used to it, although it is happening far more frequently. Take care my friend.

• January 18, 2019 at 8:16 AM

Wow 42degree C thats not fun. That rain must have been nice for but a moment. Usually that turns into mugginess in NY. Nice work great imagery my friend.

• January 18, 2019 at 3:43 PM

At that point any relief is welcomed, Paul. Appreciate your comment my friend. Take care.

• January 18, 2019 at 8:28 AM

Well written Tony, do you want me to send you some of our -40 degrees Celsius we have here? I’m wondering if my truck is going to start today, and you guys are talking about tar melting on your highways because its so HOT. Talk about climate differences, I’m chilling out here. LOL The only ice you’ll see are the ice cubes you put in your cold drinks. LOL

• January 18, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Yes such opposites, lol. I’ve never experience cold like that, but I’m sure its just as challenging. Anja Cass is great by the way, and we’re enjoying all her wonderful recipes. Feel so much lighter on the vegan diet and its fitting without any problems. Take care Vincent.