Fragile Beauty

The Soul of the Rose by John W, Waterhouse

When I draw on your fragile beauty, and seasons of my past,

I silently remember on them for a spell and of the

many things I sought after, but wasted my time in

folly among the thicket and thorns of self-discovery.

For those I wept and shed a tear of loss for,

did I lose them along the way, gripped in deaths night?

friends I held in high esteem, who faltered when needed

and called upon, as true friends who simply vanished

when needed by ones side. How I moaned over such

loss, ready to lay down my life.

So grieve I did, and set all moaning aside,

to weep from woe of grievances at death’s door.

if not for the closeness of you dear friend,

all grief would lay heavily upon my soul,

yet its you who lift me from the ashes cast

over me by wailing ghosts, making me

anew and wanting to dream amid your

sweet nature and fragile beauty.

Without disgrace I cry out to heaven to

have good fortune to see your presence

before me once more, though it may fall

on deaf ears, shall I not curse my fate to

be without you rich in my wish I hope

for you.

I must not despise heaven for happily

I am content to even have thoughts of you,

I have such wealth when hearing angels

sing hymns as I await heaven’s gate.

Sweet love awaits me, for you my angel

with wings of golden color and a wealth

for me to bathe in your beauty like the

dove awakening to a new day, I rise in you.

© Copyright by Vincent Moore. All rights reserved

Vincent Moore

He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published.In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.
Vincent Moore

Latest posts by Vincent Moore (see all)

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore pens his thoughts about many things and has a style all his own. Sometimes, he parties with words excessively and it becomes necessary to publish quickly lest his work be lost in the dark corners of his room or his mind. Vincent will lead you into mysterious worlds that are strange yet somehow familiar, worlds that will leave you unsettled and breathless for more. He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published. In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.

12 thoughts on “Fragile Beauty

• January 22, 2019 at 2:27 PM

There is not one poem that I have read of yours Vincent that has not failed to touch my heart and my senses. I love your stuff sir!

• January 22, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Well thank you Kurt, I know you relate to my work in your own ways, you have a heart and soul of feeling sir. Many a road we’ve both likely traversed wrought with emotions shared with others in our pasts. I appreciate your kind comment and that I am able to touch your senses my friend. Most of my work comes from deep feelings that I’ve experienced and thus I do my best to convey in my poetry.

• January 22, 2019 at 6:42 PM

This is packed with feeling, Vincent. I believe we all have a guardian angel assigned to us. I personally have escaped tragedy on a number of occasions and if someone wasn’t watching over me I am sure I would not be here now. Wonderfully penned, Sir.

• January 23, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Thank you John, I truly believe there is a higher power than self watching over us. I have lived this long and if not for intervention is some capacity, I’m certain I too that I have escaped tragedy myself on occasion throughout this life. Appreciate your comment.

• January 22, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Oh, Vincent … this is so lovely it tugs at the emotions. I so relate to this verse of yours that is so beautifully penned it touches my heart and soul. Thank you for sharing this piece.

• January 23, 2019 at 9:42 AM

Thank you Phyllis. I am happy that you relate in your own personal way to this piece. Life experiences certainly find a way into our emotional souls, it touches us in ways that only we can personally feel in our own hearts. Much appreciate your comment.

• January 24, 2019 at 6:20 AM

Even as a man , I can say to scent a growing flower , gaze upon a early sunny morning or enjoy a sip of wine is to remind ourselves of the beauty of yes , even our losses my friend , It may even be hard at times to appreciate another’s loss yet we know that we made it this far by loving this life that we are graced with .
    Awesome writing ….as usual Vincent !

• January 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM

Thank you Ed. Indeed to love life is to love all things. It’s been tough at times over the years to do that, however, I’ve mellowed and have found much peace within myself. I’m truly privileged to have been given the opportunity to lived this long my friend. Appreciate your comments as always.

• January 25, 2019 at 11:33 AM

Pain and loss go hand in hand. Such powerful emotions. It is such a relief when you can come to terms with it. I don’t know if looking forward to seeing them again is something we want to happen so strongly, but it is nice to know there is a familiar face to greet us on the other side. Excellent work my friend.

• January 26, 2019 at 8:09 AM

Thank you Paul, metaphorically spoken and written, I agree though, pain and loss can be devastating, I’ve had some of it in my life and it’s not something I would welcome back. Ah that familiar face(s) waiting for us on the other side, how welcoming that would be, let’s hope it’s not entirely blackness and void that we enter, peace my friend. Again thank you for your comments, always welcomed.

• January 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM

Lovely verse about a struggle within all of our lives. I found myself shedding a tear with you and nodding with agreement at your well thought and well penned conclusions. Thank you Vincent for sharing you poetry and for stopping by to read. Jamie

• January 27, 2019 at 8:19 AM

Thank you Jamie for reading my poetry, much appreciated. Indeed pain and loss and struggles are often a favorite subject of poets and writers alike. It’s within the human spirit to self express what they see, feel and relate to from their souls.