Time to Say Goodbye

Time to Say Goodbye
Time to Say Goodbye

Never shall I forget the kindness of souls,
the interest and connection to this life’s purpose,
and in them rests my hope,
that people find a better way to live,
not bound to the slavery of the capitalist society
but rather pursuing self-understanding
and a more spiritual life.

Complacent, a world writhing in pain,
happy to remain with what it knows,
rather than explore the deep caverns of self,
the endless possibilities of life,
not limited by narcissistic people
ruled by wealth and personal agendas,
but free to discover nature’s secrets.

Always been a broken soul,
living moment to moment,
a pin cushion for the malicious,
the bane of lies and deceit
and the blame of those without responsibility,
and as I follow my purpose, I bleed,
from those relentless wounds, unhealed.

Yet pain just becomes calm,
bleeding just a cleansing of blood,
when the body wanes but the mind is strong,
and truth resounds within every bone
and morsel of flesh,
as if reborn into the light from the darkness,
and in that state, I live more, for what remains.

There is an emptiness,
a hole within for what used to be,
but more is to come and I shall not regret
for all those, I’ve known and cherished on TCE,
but my words fall on deaf ears,
and the pain of a slow decline is palpable,
so I must take leave to find my next step.

Dipping ones toe into water is not swimming,
and one cannot achieve half-heartedly,
so great ideas fall to new ones,
and life evolves in time, at our request,
so I wish my friends here well, with all the love I have,
and hope life is exactly what you make it,
in every dream manifest.

With love….

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

15 thoughts on “Time to Say Goodbye

• December 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM

Tony we give our all in life and hope for the best outcome. Unfortunately for many of us the slings and arrows sometimes hit the target and penetrate us deeply. We can’t be all things to all people, we can only be the messenger. Some will hear us, many will close their ears and minds to our messages, verse, predictions and soulful experiences in our lives. Your work here has not only been volumes but abundantly appreciated by many of us. I have enjoyed your work immensely and commented on much of it. There are a few great poets like yourself here at TCE who have opened our hearts to great poetry and it goes without saying that it’s a crying shame that this site hasn’t captured the interest of many who joined as members nor made a sufficient impact in the digital world to attract many, many more. Our work remains out there however for those who wish to come in for a read here and at other sites. I wish you well my friend and pray for your good health now and in the future. Your work will be your legacy regardless of your sojurn here on earth, Keep the faith and never stop writing. Your gifts surpass all else you’ve experienced in this life. I have a great respect for fellow writers who strive for excellence and you sir have certainly achieved that. I will miss you here Tony, but I fully understand your sentiments and wish you only the best going forward. Peace and blessings I send to you from afar.

• December 12, 2018 at 5:29 PM

I sincerely thank you Vincent, for your kindness and support, and believe me, the repect you express is mutual my friend. We are writers and poets and than can never change, regardless of where or how we express ourselves. Our journeys are unique but we share so much and in that, we give each other strength and purpose in our outpourings and that means so much. I may not be posting here but I will keep in touch and never forget your friendship and heart. Take care dear poet.

• December 12, 2018 at 7:28 PM

It really is goodbye. There has been such a sad decline on this site. I dont know when or why it happened but it is inevitable that all good things come to an end. I will stop in from time to time hoping to see the pages flourishing with new writers and new material, only to see the same few people posting. And nowadays less and less. So sad. Let me know where you plan on writing i would like to continue reading your great material my friend. Until then…

• December 12, 2018 at 7:32 PM

I will Paul, not sure what I’m doing, I just know that TCE isn’t where I’m supposed to be. THanks for all your support and kind words, you are a brilliant poet and I’ll make sure to keep in touch. Take care my friend.

• December 13, 2018 at 6:07 AM

Tony , You ARE a great writer , one of the best in fact . Perhaps your days will be spent in marketed writing prospects for the future ? I’m sure your books of writing would be very successful . You have contributed and sacrificed much time here and elsewhere as all of the great ones. So much Talent !
    Whatever the prospects– may they continue to be personally and professionally rewarding to you AND to all .
    Tony , Thank you for sharing your soul with us ……Ed .

• December 13, 2018 at 6:28 AM

Kind words Ed and I greatly appreciate them. Its time for a change and I’ll forever treasure the friendships made here, and wish every writer much success in the futore. Thank you my friend and take care.

• December 15, 2018 at 1:06 AM

I am greatly saddened to learn you are leaving us, Tony. I have tried so hard to keep a good flow and promote, etc., but, nothing I have done has encouraged new authors or inactive ones to come back. We had a LOT of bad things said about our site and staff by disgruntled people and that did not help. Sorry for the unexpected absence this last week – I just got out of the hospital again from a badly infected lower leg (endema). After five days in hospital the swelling has gone down and the leg is healing. I have to have home health care for awhile to change dressings and medication management.

I am sad beyond comprehension right now – you have been a great member and so beneficial for TCE. I guess my best at efforts made was not good enough and contributed to the decline. I consider you a dear friend and hope you keep in touch. Your departure will motivate me to seriously consider my future here and online in general, to also look seriously at my writing.

You know how much I admire you and your works and will continue to follow you, wherever you land. I am too sad right now to do anything more here at this time. I need time to absorb and flow with it.

Take care and may blessings to you, Tony. X

• December 15, 2018 at 5:58 AM

Thanks Phyllis for your kindness, and please don’t think the changes on the site are anything that you’ve done or didn’t do. When thoughts create reality they must be supported in a positive way, and the fact that those who started the idea did not follow through upholding the ideal. This is why most enterprizes fail. A fact of life. No half-hearted effort with split time working on other ventures can uphold an enterprize. The thought forms fade and thus the circumstances surrounding them. Lets say that others including myself have upheld it for this long, but there comes a time to let nature take its course. I will keep in touch, of course. Also because my work is more than 50% of the site, I’m happy to just leave it all there for anyone to read. But I will not post anything further. Take care dear friend.

• December 15, 2018 at 11:44 AM

Tony, it is very kind and thoughtful for you to leave your posts up on TCE and it is much appreciated. Take care dear friend. x

Just a side note: John and I started this site together and Ralph joined in the nick of time to design and take us forward. Any success or failure is shared between the three of us. Plus, you have been so prolific, kind in helping others, excel in writing quality work and helpful to the staff, which boosted our spirits and the site. We are grateful for all you have done for TCE. Thank you.

May your road ahead have just enough pot-holes and stumbling blocks to enable you to ever grow more spiritual and successful, for I know that is your way of learning and growing. Many blessings and hugs to you.

• December 15, 2018 at 4:20 PM

Tony, it has been a pleasure writing beside you here in TCE. But I guess we will always be writing side by side like wandering poets do. Jamie

• December 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM

So true Jamie, none of us are tied down by any site and float around the cosmos, souls seeking perfection and heart finding truth through words. Take care my friend, I appreciated your kindness, and we will forever be connected as fellow poets. Cheers!

• December 18, 2018 at 9:16 PM

Best Wishes and Cheers for a wonderful future ahead!

• December 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM

Very much appreciated John. Write on my friend.

• December 19, 2018 at 10:27 PM

Forgive me, Tony for being a little late at reading this. Sadly I did see this coming with the decline in views, comment, and other active participation in the site. The content here remains high quality none the less, of which you have contributed over 50%.
    All our efforts to attract more reader and inactive members to resume writing has been in vain unfortunately. I know the increased earning capability of HubPages has coaxed a number of writers to post there more frequently instead of here.
    Maybe we need to look at how sites like All Poetry or Fan Story that offer regularly competitions etc. Phyllis has tried her best to introduce competitions but unfortunately very few have entered. I commend Phyllis on the hard work and generosity she has invested in the site , more than anyone else in fact. The newsletter is also high quality.
    Anyway, I personally will be sad to see you go. Your poetry is wonderful and professional and I am thankful that you are leaving what you have written here to still be enjoyed. I do hope you will continue to stop in from time to time, and I will see you on Facebook I am sure.
    I wish you all the best with your future endeavours and your books. Take care My Friend.

• December 19, 2018 at 11:42 PM

Thanks for you kind words John, and yes I will certainly drop in from time to time and keep in touch with you all. I’ve loved writing for TCE, its just time to make a change and as I explained to Phyllis, I getting back into my art and painting as well. I’m posting some work on All Poetry, have been for years. That keeps the juices flowing. Take care my friend and have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2019. Cheers!