Golden Days of Warmth Gone

Golden Days of Warmth Gone …

golden days

Gone are the golden days of warmth,
when Sol had shown upon my path,
and Luna beamed down love from afar.

Was it so long ago I felt the glow
of kindness and gentle words from a caring soul,
who filled my heart with love?

With wintry force the days turned cold,
and dark clouds took away the light
that lit the way for my soul.

Sol’s warmth left without a backward glance,
leaving me in the cold, lost and wandering
in the mist of winter’s chill.

A once clear path, trusted and joyful,
has been dumped upon with freezing snow,
in careless fashion, as if it meant nothing.

What was it Yeats said?
“I have spread my dreams under your feet.
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.”

But, Sol treads not softly.
Gone are the golden days of warmth,
ne’er to leave my memory or my heart.

And how can I stay in touch
When Sol is untouchable and can
burn the heart to cinders?

I wish for the faeries come and take me
out of this harsh world,
where I can sail on the wind
and dance upon clouds till I
fall to my blissful death.

For I gave all my heart to Sol
and lost.
~~~~

© 2018 Phyllis Doyle Burns

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Site Manager, Senior Editor at The Creative Exiles
I have always liked to write.It is important to me that I write with spirit and heart. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.
Phyllis Doyle Burns

Latest posts by Phyllis Doyle Burns (see all)

Phyllis Doyle Burns

I have always liked to write. It is important to me that I write with spirit and heart. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.

10 thoughts on “Golden Days of Warmth Gone

• December 28, 2018 at 4:32 AM

Phyllis , And after the spell of cold , snow and wind –the rewards of spring arrive !
    Be patient Phyllis , Beautiful writing !

• December 29, 2018 at 4:09 AM

Living in Colorado I get the beauty of all 4 seasons and I love all of them. Even though I love grandeur of the winter snow as I have aged the cold wind has been my biggest enemy and I am now looking forward to the warmth of spring. I see you must feel the same way. Very much enjoyed Phyllis.

• December 29, 2018 at 9:13 AM

Thank you so much, Kurt. May you have a wonderful, Happy New Year, full of love and blessings. Take care.

• December 29, 2018 at 3:01 PM

Cant wait for spring to come and Sol to reignite the seeds of nature. I hate cold weather. I think i need to move south. Lol. Lovely verse Phyllis. Beautifully written

• December 29, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Thank you, Paul. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones – may it be a wonderful, prosperous year for you. Take care.

• December 29, 2018 at 10:57 PM

Well thank you, Jamie. I am glad you enjoyed the poem. I appreciate your reading and comment. Take care and Happy New Year.

• December 29, 2018 at 10:49 PM

Phyllis, what a beautiful rendition and call out to loss and warmth of SOL, although I feel the change of seasons, I distinctly feel the sorrow, pain and loss of a soul, a love loss of a dear friend or lover. Yet what a beautiful comparison to nature, quite often we can associate human nature with mother nature. I pray you find peace in your soul and regain the splendor of SOL once again and hopefully forevermore. Beautifully penned my poet.

• December 29, 2018 at 11:05 PM

Thank you, Vincent, for such a lovely comment. I wish you a Happy New Year full of love, joy, and prosperity. Take care.