A chronicle of solitude

A chronicle of solitude …

There are those of us who suffer the curse of solitude to extremes
as others reach out from the entrapment
we sit in quiet corners and observe
rather than fall down the embankment

We’re bent on protecting this phenomena
yet aren’t we cursed to the cause
Oh how we’d be pleased to attend with the masses
if it weren’t for the loners laws

I watch the bright smiles as she’s ever engaging
and wish for one touch of that beauties soul
yet we have enjoyed all the pleasures  haven’t we
Oh we’re lost in this terrible role

Too young for the old dogs to teach us
to old for youth spent on the the stage
to kind to say no to the strangers
to mellow to show any rage

Just a doodle of words to share with all you other loners
just a verse saying “yes I’m okay ”
just a curse this writing for attention
as I hit publish and hope it’ll stay

~

For more works by this author see Ed Fisher Author Page

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn’t so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would weever say ” Now about me !”……..I’d rather write about life, nature, serenity ……..

– Ed Fisher

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would weever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

Latest posts by EdF (see all)

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would we ever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

7 thoughts on “A chronicle of solitude

• December 19, 2018 at 2:31 PM

It stays! Great writing, Ed. I so understand this solitude thing and mostly find comfort in it. I love this poem. Well done, dear poet.

• December 20, 2018 at 9:05 AM

Ed….I felt in tune with poem..I understood and have been where the poet has been or is….thank you for sharing. Jamie

• December 20, 2018 at 3:41 PM

Thank you again Phyllis for all that you do do !
    Merry Christmas dear lady ! Gosh , you’re so important to us all !

• December 22, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Thank you, Ed. You are a kind soul with a good heart. You are helping us hold together here on TCE and I appreciate you. Take care and Merry Christmas, dear friend.

• December 21, 2018 at 5:50 AM

Jamie , Thank you so much I know from your writings that we share the reasons that we do write !

• December 21, 2018 at 2:14 PM

A loner I am and will always be, a poet often lost in words, solitude has been my partner since I began to pen. The shadows envelope me, the demons lurk not too far from my station where I spill my soul often overflowing with the haunted past of my childhood and young adult years. Yet not to write would be my downfall, it’s my tonic, my elixir, my balm that soothes me. A writers life is often froth in uncertainties and delusion but without it, many of us would go mad. Your Chronicle of Solitude is very accepting and understood by many of us who lift our pens. Nicely said Ed. Merry Christmas to you and yours and may the New Year bring you continued good health and peace of mind. Cheers!!

• December 22, 2018 at 3:38 PM

Wonderful piece Ed and I believe all poets and writers like the silence. It is in this solitude we find the words that convey what has tickled our fancy.