So Lewd Your Intention

So Lewd Your Intention
So Lewd Your Intention

A travesty of my modesty,
a brazen intention of harm,
to photograph so deliberately,
an undercarriage disarmed,
and call it a work of art,
an exhibit of natural poise,
when the respondent so victimised
by the perspective deployed.

How often we are compromised
by a perspective ill-used,
and indignant we are
within a discomfort abused,
as ego and pride shine far more than meant,
as we reject the affront
that makes us appear weakened
and in shame we are sent.

But humour is often bitter,
a sharp edged parody of truth,
when we are the focus
becoming a blatant ruse,
both object of humour and our base humanity,
so fragile in ineptitude, our conceived sanity,
on show for its worth,
without any indemnity.

A sense of humour becomes a wanted state,
to laugh at ourselves, to accept our fate,
the truth of our reality upon us is forced,
and ego aside our truths in support,
as we become more than our discomfort,
more than insecurity,
seeking a balance, an acceptance
and love of the self, truly.

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “So Lewd Your Intention

• November 15, 2018 at 12:10 AM

Stated with true indignation and that great phraseology you are so good at. And the image is perfect. Well done, Tony.

• November 15, 2018 at 12:39 PM

You have to have a sense of humor about yourself, taking things too seriously can lead to unwanted stress. Always go to be humble. Nice work as always Tony.

• November 15, 2018 at 11:29 PM

A good piece here, Tony. I often disguise what is usually a serious social commentary under the guise of humour or satire. You are right though if we ourselves are the brunt of the humour or sarcasm it can seem cruel and much less funny.

• November 18, 2018 at 1:16 PM

If I didn’t laugh at myself often, I fear I would get no laughs at all:-) A sharp edge parody of truth indeed. There are too many walking about with sticks up their butts. I say remove it, get a life, set your spirit free with laughter when necessary to feed our souls. There is a time to laugh and a time for sorrow, let’s live this life to it’s fullest, as time waits for no man and certain death comes to all of us. I want to go to my grave with a smile on my face my friend. Excellent piece Tony, I feel sorry for my feather friend, so abused, put certainly puts your point across. Well done.

• November 19, 2018 at 5:38 AM

Glad you enjoyed it Vincent, and the picture’s was just too good not to write about. Cheers my friend. Hope you are well. Take care