What Would Sylvia Say

Visions

A Day Goes By

I know it’s boring but I have to share

it anyways and wonder what would

Sylvia say.

A poet I am and have the ability

to feel sorrow and happy

for very little reason.

It could be that little old lady

pushing her life in a big box

store cart across the sad asphalt

that’s covered with lives

bitterness that rolls a tear down

my cheek.

I feel the cold on a cold night as

I do the sun’s warmth on my

skin like a warm heater.

I have no real religion but feel spirits

playing around inside my soul

and wanting to find death.

I never consider death to be

a negative factor just an

introduction to a bigger

symphony and with a

decent philosophy.

So with all this in mind I feel

good most of the time.

setbacks come and go along

with tragedies and mood

swings that may change me

from time to time.

So unmoved I am with life

yet never can forget, but oh yes,

forgive a bitter depressed and

angry woman. Her life spent

and void of good feelings

causing me to fall into the great

pit of the deep abyss.

Depression sets in occasionally

but heck I’m human and within

a wink of a twisted eye I become

sullen and lost.

I try and battle those demons of

lost love and family and leave

that dark shit to stir and stink

behind me, yet for some odd

reason it follows me wherever I

go and floods my tired brain

before I go insane.

I awaken from a dream, a poet to

the people I am not, but wondering

what would Sylvia say?

© Copyright by Vincent Moore. All rights reserved

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore

He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published.In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.
Vincent Moore

Latest posts by Vincent Moore (see all)

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore pens his thoughts about many things and has a style all his own. Sometimes, he parties with words excessively and it becomes necessary to publish quickly lest his work be lost in the dark corners of his room or his mind. Vincent will lead you into mysterious worlds that are strange yet somehow familiar, worlds that will leave you unsettled and breathless for more. He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published. In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.

10 thoughts on “What Would Sylvia Say

• September 16, 2018 at 12:37 AM

Indeed, we are all at the mercy of our past and those lingering wrongs that never stop resonating in our soul. All we can do is try to rest those thoughts and let life guide us to better thoughts and by expression many of us are saved, just to vent our fears and anger, our loss and pain. My heart is always with you dear Vincent. Take care.

• September 16, 2018 at 6:57 AM

Thank you Tony, this was penned a few years back when anger and rage had control of my both my sleeping and waking thoughts. Writing has helped subside that raging beast within and I’m thankful that I have finally found a peace my soul was my hungry for. My venting has diminished, but my loss and pain is still felt as I wander through my life’s days. Appreciate your heart felt empathy my friend.

• September 16, 2018 at 10:31 PM

Vincent, I read this on facebook. We all battle demons from time to time that try to bring us down and disrupt our lives. The weak fall prey and are defeated but the strong somehow manage to survive and overcome. You, my friend, are a survivor and a wonderful poet. great job. Sylvia Plath would have been proud.

• September 17, 2018 at 4:36 AM

Thank you John for the read. Yes, many of us suffer from time to time various disruptions in our lives, many can come out of it without much effort, however for those who can’t they suffer often in silence and loneliness. I’ve met a few in the streets who couldn’t cope with living in the real world, they somehow found safety in the streets, I found that strange, yet understood. For some reason my protector doesn’t want me to fall off the edge into the welcoming abyss, a survivor, I suppose. It’s been a long haul but I’ve always been determined to survive. Sylvia couldn’t cope any longer in the world she found comfort to leave it and cross over. I admire her greatly, her work has actually helped me survive.

• September 17, 2018 at 1:48 AM

You have come a long way, Vincent. It is good to know you have found peace within your soul. Take care dear friend.

• September 17, 2018 at 4:38 AM

Yes I have Phyllis, and definitely have found peace within my soul. Appreciate your comment.

• September 17, 2018 at 5:01 AM

Hello my long time friend ! This one hits me as many of your beautiful lines have in the past . There are those of us who were never allowed to feel our own pain normally so we connect to something close to it when we observe those like Sylvia , we watch them and “feel “. There are too many of us Vincent and there are WAY too many Sylvia’s . Your art has always been amazing .
    Be well !………..Ed.

• September 17, 2018 at 5:34 AM

Well hello Ed, A Horseback- indeed we go back a few years, we often shared our comments on each others work at The Hubs, those days are gone, I left that site a few years back, they changed and I couldn’t keep up with their changes:-( I penned this most likely in a somber, melancholia moment. I’ve had a few of those cast upon me by my Muse, yet I feel without it, I would be half the poet I am. Life stirs me so much, I am affected deeply and shed tears for it to spare it, yet it’s not meant to be my friend. I grew up around pain, mostly mental in nature. However the sights I’ve witnessed on others did not allow me to express my sorrows then as I can now. I connected with other less fortunate survivors than myself, I saw there pain, felt it deeply and cried within for some calm to their sufferings. I have followed Sylvia for years, she a genius and festered with demons wanting to drag her to the dark abyss. I know those feelings and I’ve fought hard to stay away from it. I continue to pray for those of us who stay strong, but deeper prayers go out to those who have no one to help them, they are often so far lost that only they know their fate. I’ve come close to the brink my friend, but some hand of fate has clung tight to my soul so far. I’m an old man now so I trust I will go silently into the good night. I appreciate your comment as always Ed, we have similar spirits in many ways old friend. Happy trails to you and keep an eye on that forever sun setting beyond the horizon of this life.

• September 17, 2018 at 6:30 PM

Wonderful piece Vincent and feels to close to home for me. Your words I have always felt in my soul. Thanks for sharing.

• September 18, 2018 at 7:11 AM

Thank you Kurt for your response to this piece. I’m happy that some of my words stirs your soul a bit, it does me when I pen them. The feeling is mutual my friend.