The Survivor

The Survivor…

The Survivor
The Survivor

The beauty with sites such as TCE is that we can not only express ourselves through words but also images to accompany our intent. Particularly faces are emotive and expression so uniquely affecting us with subtlety and nuance. Again it is a great inspiration for writing to read into human expressions and let the pen do its thing. I have once again embedded the artwork with the poem, and together they transform into something else, something more than their separate parts. Enjoy…

The Survivor

A face reveals the sorrow,
the hurt pervading skin and mind,
and trust an ideal won then lost,
through a penance of the blind,
yet hope is always lingering,
for a heart to hold and honour,
for every hurt in time dispersed,
the lessons gained to ponder.

In writing generally, we seek to be inspired, to find open doors and connect with our humanity in all its raw and complex aspects. In doing so we have an endless content, the nuances of which would take us lifetimes to explore and express. Photos I find, a great start with inspiration: the stories untold.

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

6 thoughts on “The Survivor

• September 21, 2018 at 2:48 AM

Beautiful work, Tony. The separate parts come together to create a wonderful work of art. Your presentation and footnote add a great enhancement. I am very impressed with this style you created. Take care.

• September 21, 2018 at 3:10 AM

Thanks, Phyllis, I put up about 12-14 posts a day on Minds.com and half of them are small poems or inspirational quotes like this one. I find its very popular and people immediately relate. The problem on TCE is the SEOs. These two worked out alright, I guess I just have to write some background info for them and I can do some more. But it won’t stop my regular poems. So pleased you enjoyed it.

• September 21, 2018 at 10:39 AM

How true these words ring though, the lessons we learn from being hurt. I do love this site for the amount of different connection we can make with a picture, some music accompaniment, etc… nice work my friend.

• September 21, 2018 at 5:58 PM

So pleased you enjoyed it, Paul, yes images certainly trigger our imaginations. Take care, my friend.

• September 21, 2018 at 2:39 PM

Nicely transposed onto the photo, it blends together with the forlorn face and eyes especially. I’ve always been attracted to a person’s eyes before anything else. For they as we all know are the windows to our souls. Exactly right, connecting our work to a photo is often subjective yet also most effective with what we are conveying through our verse. Nicely done, I love it. Cheers.

• September 21, 2018 at 5:59 PM

Many thanks, Vincent, yes I agree, the image gives yet another dimension to the words. Cheers my friend.