Hide well your horror Australia

Hide well your Horror Australia

Swollen already from the hunger despite all
the outback you have hunted
One color one people an angel cries out
for all our humanity Australia your growth is stunted

So chain them up and ship them out break the skin
bleed with the whips until broken
What difference at all does it make for in such servitude
a man is but a token

Oh Australia bring these people back to your front door
and not the servants entrance
They are all human just like you and I
we’ll all pay for this sentence

Kumbaya my lord kumbaya ……we’re fed the lies but
the children they know quite well
Chain them up and teach them the Queen’s English
or send their souls to hell

What violence goes on in the black stained rooms
Oh I hear all the cries and the screaming
Take the fathers from the mothers and take from both the child
it’s all but a nightmare we’re dreaming

Hide well your horror Australia

~

For more works by this author see Ed Fisher Author Page

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would weever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

Latest posts by EdF (see all)

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would we ever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

7 thoughts on “Hide well your horror Australia

• September 17, 2018 at 2:53 PM

Ed, the atrocities of man will never cease. Slavery has left a stain on humanity, not just in Australia, but many countries throughout history. Mans cruelty, arrogance, greed, color separation, sameness, one race, and on and on and on. Slavery comes in many forms, the blacks and Asians, often brutally, were forced into slave labor to help build America and much of the railroads in Canada as well. It’s a very sad plight and to think how the native American and Canadian Indian was under similar subjugation but sadly decimated and wiped out by the thousands for similar reasons. When a country can recognize the inhuman ways they treated aboriginals, Asians, blacks, Indians and others over the centuries, they should all bow their heads in shame. Well penned Ed, very sad piece.

• September 17, 2018 at 3:39 PM

Vincent , We have a horrible record of minority abuse in this world , In our honored news media today all of the negative focus seems to be on America , as you may know. I thought that I might begin a series of writings to show the overall news media hypocrisy and the nature of shallow acceptance by the people of anything that the media does say. I so often think of my Aunt Marjory and my own father here in America a white woman of Scottish origin who as a child in rural America were a indentured servants for a couple of years circa 1930’s. $2.00 a week , room and board , my aunt indentured in writing to a man that would abuse and then force a young girl into a marriage with him . There are many atrocities ,too many to mention here , in spite of these depressing circumstances I hope that my friend Vincent is well and content !Thank You as always …………….Ed

• September 17, 2018 at 6:27 PM

Ed this piece is one of the saddest, but true poems I have ever read. Slavery knew no boundaries or what side of the oceans it was on. Mankind has always been its own worse enemy and always will be. Thank you for sharing.

• September 17, 2018 at 6:55 PM

Interesting Ed, this being some kind of retaliation for my opinion on Trump. Australians are well informed about the atrocities committed by our forefathers to our indigenous peoples, not secret. It’s of course, appalling as any oppression and mistreatments are. We are savage beings and continue to be so and that will hopefully change in time. Australia is no different than any other country, it has its innate problems and faults. I don’t think any country is perfect, but we are not quite as ingrained with corruption as America, but following suit. That is a shame.

• September 18, 2018 at 4:39 AM

Tony , It isn’t the first or the last time people have reached across oceans to opine about America , Australia or Russia for that matter , perhaps it’s best to keep in mind that when we do that we create rifts between us , perhaps and especially here as artists . The bigger question is maybe we should leave politics out of our better natures as writers ? Retaliation ? No just a return fire “over the bow ” if you will . As to your Trump criticism , keep in mind one out of two believed in his message here and that number has only grown . WHAT Trump has accomplished in numbers , economics , jobs and trade is way outside the norm for an American leader , we don’t have too like him to recognize political success’.
    Now , personally I enjoy the political debating . But truthfully I don’t like it here in such a cool writing space . Do we continue that ?

• September 18, 2018 at 4:51 AM

Hello Kurt , in today’s news media we’ve lost track of the REAL world outside of America , too many people don’t know much history and so it gets rewritten to often , as to humanity there is plenty of blame to go around although negativity seems just centered on America . Maybe we should write a series on atrocities NOT committed in America you know , just for a change .
    Thank you sir !

• September 18, 2018 at 9:13 PM

Ed, thank you for writing this. Although most Australians are now aware and ashamed of the atrocities committed against our native countrymen and women, most other countries know little about this sad history. A recent Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, actually publically said “sorry” to native Australians on behalf of the white population. Probably, little is known outside this country of the ‘stolen generation” as well when Aboriginal children (especially light skinned) were taken involuntarily from their families and placed with white families to be raised.
    Australia is like many other countries that have oppressed their native populations. In this case, it began with the British invasion and the taking of land to set up penal colonies etc.
    As for any political commentary or soapboxing, I try to refrain from that in my writing unless it is in the form of comedy or satire. Too many wars have started as a result of politics or religious divide. Whoever our chosen leader (even if you oppose them) is the best thing to do is to give them support and hope they will do the best job they can for the people and the country. Why make their job harder than it already is?