Dear Mr President…I Live in Australia…and Thank God for That!

Dear Mr President...I Live in Australia...and Thank God for That!
Dear Mr President…I Live in Australia…and Thank God for That!

(Unless you’re the President, I wouldn’t take this too seriously. If you do then I guess we just have to disagree)

Not yet exposed to the truth so imposed,
the reality deposed in the name of righteous acts,
those with whom I oppose, the liars and the hos,
who think that I will go because they so have power,
I can tell you your truth is no more than a ruse,
and no-one believes a thug like you,
lost in your ego, deluded in your belief,
that you have any value at all,
as truth is not your ally, it exposes all your lies,
and in the end your lascivious, sexist views
are a disgrace and in a way, the epitome of who you are:
a low-class ingrate with money
and a penchant for creating havoc,
anything that creates a headline
for your fake and pointless news.

Not a fan, regardless of what you achieve,
just wish you’d leave,
your lack of character and credibility bleeds,
and you are not a good person,
a snake who takes the law into his own hands,
to do just as you wish,
at any cost, you could care less,
because you are a racist,
a narcissist and not all that bright,
wonder what you think at night, staring at the stars,
probably how next to create more carnage,
make war or just defy the world,
stick that chin out and look more childlike than you are,
a big baby with a chip on his shoulder,
with a finger poised to push that big red button.

Can’t believe a sane person would follow your lead,
even though some may accept the lies,
it’s just that you are an ill-mannered buffoon,
an awkward, self-righteous goon,
who couldn’t fool an intelligent insightful soul
regardless of the rhetoric,
the constant cleaning up of all your woes,
and the slow and steady parting from all your colleagues,
as each one goes, coming to the truth,
you are superficially how you look, what you speak,
and there is nothing underneath, just a psychopath
with a personality disorder,
but perhaps the world is wrong and you are right,
what a turn that would be,
a strain on our liberty.

(Another biting, hateful piece, which should be taken with the love of its intention)

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

19 thoughts on “Dear Mr President…I Live in Australia…and Thank God for That!

• September 14, 2018 at 1:58 AM

You would think someone that claims to be in the top 4% intellect of the world would have more important things on his agenda than to poke fun and or hate at the duly elected President of another country. Then again, I live here in the United States and do not have the access to that all knowing crystal ball that is in possession of someone in Australia. Remember Tony do not forget to vote in the next election – I am sure the Australian Government needs your 4% global intellect, wisdom, and insight more so than the United States. Cheers!

• September 14, 2018 at 3:26 AM

Go fuck yourself, Kurt. You prove time and time again who you are and I sleep like a baby with my top 4% of intellect. Don’t bother wasting your time on my posts, I’ll not have anything more to do with you, for your opinion is just retaliation, nothing more. Pathetic! That crystal ball you mention is just common sense, which you obviously don’t have. I look forward to your absence.

• September 14, 2018 at 8:05 AM

Gentlemen, gentlemen please, let’s show a little respect to one another as writers. Harsh words, anger and insulting one another is something that should be kept out of this site and attached to a tavern, there at least two can clash beer mugs and heads together:-) Tony I am not the President nor would I ever want to be a President, however I have respected your work and I know I will continue to do so on here and elsewhere, but will respectfully disagree, because I can assure you as much as I detest many of this president’s personal traits, rantings,repetitiousness and vulgarity. I must confess that I as a Canadian fall into the 25% that would have passed my vote his way.

Why? because I first and foremost, look at politics this way Tony, I am not voting for the MAN/WOMAN vouching for power as much as I do for the administration and their agenda. He will definitely go down in the history books as a ruthless, forceful and determined President who GOT the job done. Unlike many of his predecessors who sat on their backsides, making promises and when they seized power,they broke every single one of them. It’s taken an outsider to come in and rattle the house and senate for changes. BTW other president’s also had many skeleton’s come out of their closets while sitting on that throne of power. Indiscretions are not solely owned by this President.

The American people are seeing many positive changes, lowered taxes, jobs, jobs and more jobs. Manufacturing plants coming back to build in American, Military strengthening, higher tariffs against those countries who have been relying on the OPEN wallets of the USA including my own country Canada. Yet we remain allies all of us. It will take an adjustment period, but China and the ilk are relaxing their ever flexing muscle of super power and world domination with this President in charge.

So YES my friend I’m with you on some of your negative descriptive color of the man himself, I wish he was less destructive with his often off color articulation. However it appears that a vast majority of his strong base are willing to accept him for being that type of bombastic character, as long as he is following through on what he promised, they will remain content and support his presidency. They are happy that so far he has fulfilled the promises he made on his campaign trail. He is loved by many Americans and hated by just as many, so at least there is some balance:-) There will not be any change in the far thinking of either the left or right.

His administration has accomplished more in their first two years of their first term than any other administration in the past and I truly believe they will accomplish much more. Many will continue to be Trump haters and attack him and his administration with vigor. I wish both parties would stop the internal revolution they are having, it’s not good for the country. They should both focus on building up rather than tearing down each other with such a reckless abandon.

So to both my talented friends here, Tony and Kurt I wish you were more cordial to one another, but I know that politics can raise anger levels beyond understanding. I look at politics as simply POWER there will always be winners and losers in party lines, it’s up to the people to choose and in this case they chose Donald Trump to guide them, whether that be the right or bad choice, it will be determined over time, but I think any presidency has to be given a chance, no matter the personal characteristics of that ruling president. After all it’s just a term position. I wish you both all the best and I hope you both can mend your differences and click glasses together. Cheers

• September 14, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Thanks, Vincent, much appreciated. I hold no real malice toward Kurt, just a chosen division.

• September 17, 2018 at 6:23 PM

Well said Vincent! Could not have said it any better. Are you sure you are not American?

• September 14, 2018 at 1:29 PM

Here we go again! Well … we all have the right to express our opinions, and I respect that. Take care Tony.

• September 14, 2018 at 3:20 PM

Indeed and it’s called Freedom of Speech and thankfully that hasn’t been taken from us yet!!

• September 14, 2018 at 6:15 PM

As expected. Still, I do write these contentious pieces. Lol, I do respect political views and we all see from different perspectives. With Kurt, it is more his attitude, and as I said to Vincent, now it is a chosen division. No more from me. My attitude with Trump is about him as a human being, that I believe he should not be a representative of any country. It is that, regardless of what he achieves for the country, that I object to because it is a stain on the perception about the US, globally. That is the real damage. No more to say.

• September 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM

‘Trump is just a man, another politician who may achieve some good for his country, but as a man, it is his character and lack of spiritual connection that stains all he does and in such a high position, leaves such a bad taste in the mouths of every citizen of earth. We need compassion and love, not racism, narcissism and ruthless oppression. Just saying!

• September 17, 2018 at 4:51 AM

Anyone want to know why I write very little in Exiles ? Because when we infuse politics with art we become just like the hollywood celebrities today , neither artists nor politicians .

• September 17, 2018 at 5:19 AM

Your opinion, just like I have mine. Gets the blood flowing. 99.9% of this site has nothing to do with politics and it is all art. So one or two pieces makes you not want to write on this site…bullshit! Any expression can be across a gamut of subject matters, styles and intention…that is what art is. Without that freedom, what is a writer to do: that is what this site was created for, precisely. If you don’t like the subject matter of intention, then don’t read it. Simple.

• September 17, 2018 at 6:26 AM

Tony , I won’t use your grasp of profanity , I’ll just say the same thing I said in your other political posts , We as writers can write easily speak of YOUR country’s offenses against humanity can’t we ? Perhaps you are right , for instance do we need to out your country’s atrocities against your displaced aboriginals? Maybe we should reveal the more recent reality of Australia’s politics ? For you to consider , I enjoy this art and I enjoy the political debate too , question is shall we ruin one with the other ?

I think the choice is yours .

• September 17, 2018 at 6:23 PM

Well, Tony it would seem this satire you have written has fallen on deaf ears even with your 4% intellect. My suggestion would be the next time when you are trying to write humor I would leave out the hate-filled rants. Just a suggestion. On the brighter side though it would seem that you have a lock on “Profanity Poet of the year award.”

• September 17, 2018 at 7:06 PM

Profanity! what a joke, is if you have never sworn, that would be a little hypocritical. In any case, I do appreciate your candour and response: these simple posts certainly get you lot uptight and swinging. At least there is warm blood flowing on the site. My opinion, and that’s all it is, no need to call the FBI, is the same as about 64% of your own population. Not sure if you worship your presidents like Gods or you just take everything so personally, but let it go for your own blood pressure. I am entitled to an opinion, and it is my right, particularly on this site, to express it. The site was started because of limitations to content, and that is the point of expression and art. I’m getting bored with it now. Let it rest, but just know that the world watches America and has an opinion. Don’t be so touchy when it’s voiced. There is always a reason for outside opinions, and that is something you as a country have to look at. Why?

• September 18, 2018 at 9:44 PM

Well, I am certainly not going to fan this fire. It is sad to see such divide in a place like this where we writers come together to share our commonality “a love of the written word.” It really isn’t the place for political or religious animosity. As I have said elsewhere, the only time I write about religion or politics is in humour or satire. Too many wars have been started by one or the other of those.
    This was a well-written piece Tony, and I must say I do not like Donald Trump as a man either, but of the many Americans I have spoken to most are pleased with the changes and turnaround the country has seen since he came to power. I detest our current Australian leaders and would rather concentrate my ire at them then the leader of another country.

• September 18, 2018 at 10:03 PM

Thanks for your input John, I agree with you on our leader too. I make these posts for one reason only, I truly believe regardless of what he has done or will do positively, his global presence is an embarrassment to the system and to America, that a man such as he could become president. Also America, because of the size of its economy has an effect on small countries like us. This is a global problem. It just shows how the system doesn’t work. American’s do take offence, whereas we would probably agree and laugh it off. They can say whatever they like about me, I know who I am and I also know the quality of my work, so there’s little point in them slinging shots, just because they don’t agree with my viewpoint. Anyway, I don’t do this often, but it sure stirs the blood up on the site. Lol Take care my friend.