Words So Clear, So Meant to Be

Words So Clear, So Meant to Be
Words So Clear, So Meant to Be

With each phrase, with each intention,
I forge the paths of my thoughts,
painting with vibrant colors
the beauty within my soul,
to find purchase in a world of uncertainty,
to hopefully placate the sorrow.

Words like brush strokes apply my visions,
delicate vistas and harsh conditions,
to give reason a plight,
to make suffering a righteous path of growth,
and in hindsight know
that beauty lives within us all, innately.

Words come like a lilting breeze,
often gentle the flow, sometime faster,
and I know how they settle upon my page,
as I rearrange them, imbue their core of meaning,
to embed layers, codes to fathom,
when words collate and in tandem, phrase.

Like watching the dance of light upon a pond, gloaming,
words shimmer in light, and in place consume
grasp a mind and in tune relate,
give credence, align then to sate,
to speak to a soul, deeply yearning knowledge,
and the flow of wisdom that ensues.

I sit and wonder how these words from me
echo so silently, yet resound within,
and an hour after I cannot recognize the work,
as if providence just uttered words for me to speak,
and I then marvel at the outcome,
as if I stood beside and watched that other me write.

Each moment, each thought a gift,
to be able to weave, to uplift thoughts for consideration,
and the beauty that abides my will,
just effortlessly stills the qualms,
when passages of right just appear,
and words flow like water’s run so crystal clear.

Writers are blessed, given a purpose,
and in this art we pursue our dreams of perfection,
never to be reached but in the right direction,
always defining the beauty of life,
of words and emotions, of pain and of strife,
painting our soul on the page.

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

4 thoughts on “Words So Clear, So Meant to Be

• August 15, 2018 at 1:31 AM

Beautifully emoted, Tony. Yes, writers are blessed, able to use words with a skilled and magical touch and you do it so well, magnificently. To be able to express from heart and soul is a gift indeed. Writing has healed me in many ways from sorrows and pain of the past, it frees me and opens my heart and soul, so I fully relate to this lovely verse of yours. Well done.

• August 15, 2018 at 1:37 AM

So pleased you enjoyed it Phyllis, yes I feel blessed to be a writer; I think we get so much more than we give. It is truly is a blessing. Take care

• August 15, 2018 at 7:09 AM

I sit and wonder how these words from me
    echo so silently, yet resound within,
    and an hour after I cannot recognize the work

You know Tony, I started seriously writing back in 2008 and it’s going on 10 years now. All those years I felt a presence, a Muse, a spirit of some kind always beside me, often in the shadows of my past. It was able to bring verse out of the deepest part of my soul and my pen flowed easily enough and like you I often stood back sometimes a morning after and read what I had penned in disbelief. Could it be some of us are given a temporary gift to release what has burdened our souls for so long? This past year I have struggled with my writing, no longer do I have spontaneity with my words. I look into the blankness of the white page before me, nothing being stirred from my Muse at all. I fumble, type and delete often now, seemingly lost. At times I talk out loud to a Muse who has left me and ask for it’s return. It’s a mystery to me how verses have vanished from my thoughts that before were so plenty. So my friend, I am bewildered by this occurrence, what could it be? Could I have been channeled just to release my hurts and pains from my past, to get them out and set them free, to settle my aching heart? I don’t know. I pray my Muse will return and grant me the freedom of verse once more, but remain with me till my dying last breath. Well penned my friend, I was moved by your stirring words once again. Cheers.

• August 15, 2018 at 8:33 AM

I believe it is we who stifle outpourings, and what I find is simply triggers that set me off on a path or writing. I treat writing as a meditation: I close my eyes and allow words to find me. Usually a phrase comes to mind, which I quickly add to and the process begins. That is my ritual and it has never let me down, not once in the last twenty years of writing poetry. I do think there is a flow of energy that is the inspiration for thought and writing. In meditation I connect to it and creativity is ready and poised. Try it, perhaps it may help, but I do think that blockages are within us and you must find your way back to being open in this way. Take care my friend.