Ugly Is as Ugly Does

Ugly Is as Ugly Does
Ugly Is as Ugly Does

Too much, the relentless
fowl odorous stench of lies,
told so eloquently
through hard colorless eyes
and hard mouth, metal edged,
no heart aspired, no truth implied,
as words form in voids of meaning,
truth veiled so cleverly and hog-tied.

Ugly is as ugly does,
and heartless pretends to be above
the harsh reality of its being,
the scope of hateful and self-gratifying ploys
to win a trust so fragile
and employ a master plan in evils name,
a game any sentient soul could claim to see,
past all the slight of hand and artistry.

So dismissed the truth
leaking adrift of its source, yet placated,
in a game of the slighted,
blame and pass it on,
redacted with the redolent scent of roses,
innocence endowed by God himself,
but eroded by a watchful eye,
that sees the dark intent beneath.

If someone shows you
who they truly are, believe them,
the games and clothing we must ignore
for the reality underneath,
for stealth is a thinking man’s game,
up close it looks a joke, if it weren’t so starkly true,
hidden in plain sight, what a game,
what a ruse for a leader, elect.

What have we come to,
how could this actually happen,
a man so vastly under-qualified,
a scam-er of amoral state, exemplified,
to mediate and administrate human souls,
run a country and speak as a roughneck
of common and unrefined resolve,
such a travesty, the misery of a system bleeding.

The cost too great,
buried deeper a country once great
now losing ground, a laughing stock,
led by a man who would be dictator
wanting to be worshiped,
while all that once impressed, is laid to rest
with the echoes of a Twitter account,
revealing just how wrong it is.

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

6 thoughts on “Ugly Is as Ugly Does

• July 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM

You know Tony if you lived here and experienced the flood of illegal aliens like an invasion across our borders you might think differently about the man. If you lived here and experienced the best economy in 50 years you might think better about the man. If you lived here and seen unemployment drop to the lowest in 40 years you might think differently about the man. If you lived here and seen a government bureaucracy to get slimmed down to something from the 1920’s you might think differently about the man. You say he is a laughing stock – but, wait, you don’t live here. And to top it off it off you state “deeper a country once great” – Hell son – half the country is thinking he is “Making it great again” to be an American. Why in the heck are you tossing rocks at our house – don’t you have enough problems in your own country to turn your hate towards? I might add, it is BS like this on this site that is problematic for its growth. There are different forums other than “Creative Exiles” to spew your hate for President Trump.

• July 7, 2018 at 8:24 PM

Not hate at all, just observance and researching beneath the propaganda. Quite frankly the American public sees what is fed to them in a society so corrupted in its governing, even the presidency itself has no idea what’s going on. Because I don’t live there is exactly why I can see more than you, can research and find out the truths beneath the crap you are served each day through bought media. I love Americans, been there and experienced the hospitality that is rare in this world. Its the government and those who control it that have created such catastrophe in the world, it is hard for those who see to swallow. Your country has been the puppet of the elite few for many years, starting with the the control of the Federal Reserve and the covert beginnings of many wars and conflicts that line the pockets of these men. If someone doesn’t state the obvious who will pay attention? If you think that a few posts like this are destroying TCE, I’ll leave immediately, because the site needs me a lot more than I need it. Not trying to incite hatred, on the contrary trying to blast away so even a few American may see the broad truth.

• July 7, 2018 at 8:45 PM

Here we go again with the wise Australian Poet who is looking out and trying to inform all of us dummies here in the United States of America, including myself on how blind we are to our country politics and practices because you have that all seeing crystal ball. Frankly, sir, we don’t need your help or, have we really cared what you and others may think of us since 1776. You say you “love Americans” but trash our duly elected President in a hate filled rant about him. And if you don’t see the hate in what you wrote, then maybe you need to look within yourself and ask the question – why? So, as far as I am concerned go state the “Tony obvious”, some place else like CNN or Yahoo News where you will find a more of an audience to your liking. Creative Exiles to me is to showcase our talents in such a way that it does not involve hateful rants such the venom you just spewed about my President – an American President. Once again, I ask you – don’t you have enough issues in your own country to focus your hate?

• July 7, 2018 at 9:04 PM

You miss the point because of your own beliefs, and you think it is hatred: you are so wrong. Yes, you should care what others think, because there are more people in the world that see the truth than there are Americans. I call it blind patriotism, as no matter what anyone states, the response is the same. You read that poem and didn’t see the artistry of the work, just hatred because it crossed your belief. I suggest you look at your own reaction before judging my supposed hatred: this is simply my opinion. And yes my country has its problems as all do, and I don’t agree with much of our present Prime Minister actions. As always you get personal, I’m no great seer but being in the top 4% of global intellect I’m no bloody fool either. No need to get stressed out Kurt, people can have opinions.

• July 7, 2018 at 9:19 PM

I didn’t miss the point – I just confronted a hate monger of President Trump. For the record Tony I am not stressed just stating the obvious that you and your 4% global intellect look down on us dummies here in the states. As an American I understand people have opinions even if it is some hate filled garbage they want to sell – guess what chum – I got opinions and thoughts as well. As for artistry of your poem – I guess if the top 4% global intellect thanks a hate filled rant is art – then who I am a lowly American to judge. Sell that crap to CNN news and the far lefty’s if you want accolades on Trump hate.

• July 7, 2018 at 9:26 PM

I’m not interested in money, never have, never will, so that’s not my motivation, and the hate my friend is coming from you because your beliefs have been questioned. Trump to me is the epitome of a system failing. That is my considered opinion. If you don’t like it, tough.