The Mind Reader

in this sanctum
of my inner thoughts.

The passage clear,
my words austere,
undressing my intentions
and gleaning my revelations
until all I know is shared,
and even if I truly cared,
its still upon my sleeve
my heart so prone, to read all I write
just the pages of my mind
to be shown.

I have no secrecy,
no implied anonymity,
as everything just slips out
as the words are formed,
like truth and reality my confidant
yet released so nonchalant
I cannot lose what holds me up,
just share all I indulge and sup,
to live my life in sweet clarity,
its true.

So, whoever reads my mind,
I apologize, confused at times,
and compromised,
about every thought and action
I’ve abused,
but beauty’s found a place there too,
and if you can see it,
then blessed are you,
because I certainly am for its seeing,
and sharing too.

This is all I am,
can’t be anything more,
and words my path of expression,
drawn from deep within
those darkened caves of thought,
fly out like bats released,
and find the world to speak
amid the storms,
and I hope they can be understood,
and even help a few, along this path we’re born.

Tony DeLorger © 2018

Tony DeLorger

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

6 thoughts on “The Mind Reader

• July 7, 2018 at 4:45 PM

Well, I think you are just fine the way you are, Tony. You are who you are, a beautiful heart and soul. Perfect, for noone else can be you. Take care. X

• July 7, 2018 at 8:37 PM

Thanks Phyllis, glad you related and as always I appreciate your kind words and support. I’ve just pissed of Kurt again with another Trump piece. Perhaps there should be a non-political rule here. I just see the truth much more important that a seeming hateful intent. I do not hate, but the truth flies of its own accord. Objectivity is difficult when you live somewhere where the truth is vetted by media. Its not just my opinion, the world outside America sees a very different scenario. Anyway, not trying to start trouble, just interested in the truth…that’s my nature. Cheers!

• July 7, 2018 at 8:56 PM

Damn right I am pissed, because once again in your elegant wordsmith way you just called the American people a bunch of blind idiots. Where I come from son you would be sitting on your backside spitting up teeth spewing that hate about our President. And for the record, I thought there was a no political rule here on Creative Exiles except where it pertained to our own countries. Cheers!!

• July 7, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Gentlemen, please calm down, remember we are all friends here. You both have strong opinions and thoughts on the issue. It is okay to accept the fact that you differ on political issues, but, please do so in a respectful way and not get personal. A good debate does not cause damage or loss of friendship, so, let’s keep it to a ‘good debate’.

The actual rule TCE has on religion and politics is that one can state their opinion if they make it clear it is their own and not ‘preaching’ or telling anyone “this is what you should believe”.

I do not like to express my own political opinions, however, I will say there are points you both have that I agree on. For one, the main stream media does feed us a crap load of lies and they side with liberal democrats, saying anything they can to make our President Trump look bad. President Trump has done more for Americans than any other president going back quite a way. That is as far as I go on the issue.

You both are valuable members of TCE and I admire the way you came out as friends who show respect to each other the last time we had this issue. Give it a few days to pull back, relax, and have a beer – before anything regrettable is said. Love you both ! Take care.

• July 8, 2018 at 7:48 AM

What we’ve come to know of you my friend is far more brilliant and radiant than any cave. This piece is fantastic and so honest and vulnerable. Nice work my friend.

• July 8, 2018 at 8:00 PM

Thanks so much Paul, I admire your work so much and so appreciate your kind words here. Cheers!