Tempest of Illusion

melt and mold me into a summer soul …

I return to this site, being drawn to comment and read the prolific work from some amazingly talented poets. Regardless of comments received, I feel it important to express myself among my fellow writers and poets. My inspiration has returned and I hope that I can in some small way add to the existing work published here by fellow poets. The Creative Exiles can expand it’s growth by continuing to  reach out, by promoting each others work, via media. Facebook, Twitter, Google+ the Facebook group needs to be resuscitated so all members can express themselves and reach out to others to join the site. There is such excellent talent here, it should not go unnoticed. This is my first new offering to the site.

The day has arrived where the sun beckons

its radiance by inviting my soul to empty

into vibrant warmth.  I contemplate penning

my thoughts, whilst languishing deep in a

haze of thought. Memories begin to surface

from long ago, they abide in me, without

release, a tangled web of silken doubts

and placid depths of sorrow.

Inside I cry out with lost for love to touch,

embrace me like this furnace of heat streaking

through the stillness of the day. Silence draws

me within to uncoil and release this tension

built up waiting to explode from the abyssal

depth of hell.

Tempting me, this outdoor beauty, musical

in nature echo’s back to me from my quiet

silence, I faintly feel the pulse and hum of

busy people hurrying through their day’s

events, wondering, worrying if they to will

make it through this blistering heat of day.

Sun now at its lowest, setting West of my tears.

The heat no longer bleeding through me,

watching this day sink beyond what was

just another day in a silent moment, I

squint into the vast blue sky of billowing,

wispy white, vaporless clouds.

Watching their cotton balls soak up the

remaining sun, whilst scores of birds in

flight, dive and dip through the blanketed

streaks of white.

If this be the tempest of illusion, then let

it bury within me, suck out the winter’s

frosted bite, melt and mold me into a

summer soul and blossom the rose

without it’s thorny edge around my

heart, let it not bleed or break in sorrow,

find it whole, beating strong for life,

not it’s end.

Vincent Moore 2018

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore

He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published.In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.
Vincent Moore

Latest posts by Vincent Moore (see all)

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore pens his thoughts about many things and has a style all his own. Sometimes, he parties with words excessively and it becomes necessary to publish quickly lest his work be lost in the dark corners of his room or his mind. Vincent will lead you into mysterious worlds that are strange yet somehow familiar, worlds that will leave you unsettled and breathless for more. He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published. In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.

14 thoughts on “Tempest of Illusion

• July 16, 2018 at 7:12 PM

Wonderful to have you back, and not just on the site, my dear friend. Where you should be, expressing the beauty within a soul once tormented but still very much alive. You skill and heart have been sorely missed Vincent, and this a fitting piece to mark your return. Kudos.

• July 16, 2018 at 8:50 PM

Thank you Tony, I will do my best to make my work worthy of the task. A tormented soul can be healed and I am happy to have found the peace I’ve been striving for over the past many years. Like you Tony, I pen what I feel from the deepest depths of my life. I appreciate the welcome back my friend, as well Kudos to you for staying loyal to the site. Hopefully we can all stimulate more writers/poets to come out of the shadows and share with us all.

• July 16, 2018 at 10:33 PM

A big welcome back, Vincent. It is good to have you with us again. It is wonderful to know your soul is healing. Great piece, well penned and a pleasure to read.

• July 17, 2018 at 6:53 AM

Thank you Phyllis for your welcome back, I appreciate that. Yes my soul is healing beautifully, I’ve learned to not dwell in my past, escape from it, live a fruitful giving life. My course is set and the wind in my sails is abundant. I look forward to again coming here among my peers and commenting on such fine work from gifted poets. It’s been awhile. Peace my friend.

• July 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM

I couldnt agree more with what Tony and Phyllis have already stated. Your talent belongs here with us on this amazing site. You were sorely missed my friend. But glad to have you back my friend

• July 17, 2018 at 9:29 AM

I appreciate that kind welcome Paul, I too missed the group very much. As I said in my reply to a comment in my other piece. We must support one another and comment on each others works. There is a number of very talented writers here, let’s hope we can get together somehow to stimulate all the rest who lay dormant here. I have referred over 8 writers in the past, they remain members but are idle. I hope to find out and get them back writing here. We are a fine group of talent on this site and I couldn’t agree more with your Paul.

• July 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM

It is wonderful to have you back writing with us again, Vincent. You and your wonderful ‘heartfelt’ writing have been deeply missed. I certainly hope that other talented writers (idle members) follow your lead and begin to write here again as well. Good work on this poem as always.

• July 17, 2018 at 10:22 PM

Thank you John it’s a pleasure to be back. I appreciate your kind words about my work and being deeply missed, I felt I had to return as their are too many excellent writers here that need to be read, digested and commented on. I was communicating with Tony about endeavouring to get our fellow writers back to the site, I believe one way is to re-open the TCE Facebook group, I don’t see it anymore. In there we can post our work, reach out to writers and ask new members to join and those who are members to come back. We can do it, if we all decide to post our work and reach out on Facebook. Tony thought it was a good idea, so I hope you reform the FB group.

• July 17, 2018 at 6:31 PM

Well, well my Canadian friend it does my heart good to see you back here with as always a very talented piece of your on. I am glad we kept in contact outside of Creative Exiles, but it feels awesome to be able to read some of your work here Vincent.

• July 17, 2018 at 10:25 PM

Thank you my Colorado writer for the accolade and welcome back. Appreciate you reading and commenting on this piece. We can keep in contact as I suggested above to John that we reopen the Facebook TCE Group and all of us make a great effort to promote our work there and also comment and reach out to fellow writers to rejoin the site, I truly believe if we all as a group can come together in the FB Group we can promote TCE there. What do you think Kurt?

• July 17, 2018 at 11:14 PM

Hi Vincent. I see you are asking about re-opening the old TCE FB Group. That is a good idea, thank you. However, the group has never been closed since I opened it in early 2015. It is still available for any member who wants to post there. You can invite any writers you know to join the group.

Ralph created a new group where we can share our posts, communicate, and reach out to others.

You can have each new post you write sent automatically to this group. Ralph set it up for us. At the end of your post, when in the edit box and before you publish, scroll down till you see the FaceBook auto send and click on Yes. There is also an option to share on G+ and Twitter on your accounts.

I often post on FaceBook invitations to join TCE and also share the TCE Gazette and contest news. If we all take the time to share our posts and those of our fellow authors, it will help promote TCE.

Thank you dear friend for your dedication to TCE – it is greatly appreciated.

• July 18, 2018 at 6:09 AM

Hi Phyllis thank you for the information about Facebook group. When I post in TCE I do use the tools below to also share on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Could someone please send me an invitation to join the FB group, when I click on the link you showed here it takes me to the page, but says I must be a member to log on. I will also in future use the one Ralph set up when I’m editing my post before publishing it, good idea. I will encourage friends from my Facebook page to join TCE many are already members but not posting, hopefully they will start to write again once they see us all publishing our works there. Yes I agree promoting one another through all these methods will help draw existing members back as well prompt new ones to consider joining. Thank you for the links and the information, have a wonderful day. I will be away on holidays and from my city next couple of weeks, however I will have my tablet with me and will comment on works on my travels.

• July 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM

Thanks, Vincent, for the update on your holiday status. A note of urgency, there are four former members we do not want to invite to the FB group or to TCE. I will send you a PM on FB with their names.

• July 17, 2018 at 11:19 PM

I’d love to see everyone come back – I miss the words from so many voices