Selene in the Sea (Novel Excerpt)

sea lover
It was the spirit of love, beckoning her …

Here, she was on a beach, pure and simple. Now the sea breathed heavily, whispering and murmuring to her. It was returning her stare, speaking to her. It was the spirit of love, beckoning her with a pulsing, sinewy body. In all its lines, shades, and fleeting forms, Selene saw the essence of pure beauty, all grace of form, flesh, limb and feature. It was in one, all the lovers of whom she could possibly dream, conflated into one elemental ideal. He, pure love in soul, bade her to enter his domain and make it hers. His arms moved her hands to unclasp, unbutton, and unzip . . . the blossom emerged. The sun became the eye of all that was not earth, and Selene loved fully, though the pallor of her skin left her momentarily abashed.

sea lover
The sea lover smoothly caressed …

At first she lay in the tide’s path, the top of her head at its most extreme mark. The sand bank made a soft bed. The sea lover smoothly caressed her calves, thighs, hips, breasts, shoulders, and cheeks before retreating to pause in his mossy pinnacles. Three times this action was repeated, and then Selene stood up, wading in with arms outstretched. Her arms were linked, as she stood up to her neck in the saline flow. The balls and heels of her feet wobbled, slithering on the moss. With the next wave, she lost her balance – her breath prepared in unison with the hissing around her. She threw her head back, once again horizontal, and launched into a backstroke, sweeping and circling. She parted her legs wide with each thrust of motion, each sweep of self-propulsion pushing out to answer the cavernous currents of his passion. Seven circles gave her a delicious, warm bliss –then the sea lover, well pleased, carried her back to a near-dry bed. Aching and contented, Selene dozed a while.

David Russell
David Russell

Latest posts by David Russell (see all)

9 thoughts on “Selene in the Sea (Novel Excerpt)

• July 12, 2018 at 12:25 PM

Welcome to TCE, David, it is good to have you with us. Your first post is great and well written. Let me know if you need help finishing your Bio and profile – I see you did get your photo in, good for you. Other authors here are also helpful in giving tips to help you along your way.

• July 12, 2018 at 7:25 PM

Welcome David, hope you enjoy the platform here and the freedom of expression. Nicely penned and enjoyed my friend.

• July 13, 2018 at 12:47 AM

I am so honoured by your response. I was most impressed by your CV. Would you like to see more of my work?

• July 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM

Is that reply to Tony or me, David? I would like to see a lot more of your work. What is a CV? You must have been replying to Tony’s comment.

PS: If you need help getting your Avatar inserted (the photo that will show up on your comments and on the Author’s page) let me know.

• July 15, 2018 at 10:55 PM

Nice work, David, and welcome to TCE. I enjoyed this excerpt from your novel and look forward to reading more of your work here.

• July 16, 2018 at 12:54 AM

I tried posting my ‘Seduction’ poem on this site. I would also be happy to email you more of my work directly

• July 16, 2018 at 2:26 AM

Are you having trouble posting, David? We prefer you post on the site, TCE, rather than emailing, so others can read your works. Let me know if you need help posting.

• July 16, 2018 at 2:59 AM

David, I checked and found you have two posts of ‘Seduction’ in draft mode. To publish one, go into edit and click on Publish. You can delete the second draft.