Magic in the Land Down Under

Magic in the Land Down Under

They like to focus the attentions on America….so let it be
they’ve not learned the lessons of time
Third worlds exist right next door
I’ve the Cree or the Aboriginals  in mind

I read a story of ten reasons we don’t want Australia
in the news
How the aboriginal is treated especially today
so many intriguing  views

Chain them up and march them  to oblivion
we’ve got to end this  embarrassing stain
Look at them ….the color…. the  face
they bring such embarrassing  pain

The newspaper man lost his camera the writer’s
have lost all the pens
But we all see something down under
it’s hell on earth for them

Let the children starve let the woman be raped
let the poverty and  unemployment live on
I see a picture of a thousand year evolution
I listened to it in song

Yet this is today as we speak
and this happens daily  in the country down under
let us all in on the secret of why
let us all see Australia’s blunder

No matter which dictator the hatred never evolves
liberal or conservative  be damned
What  fault of Australia’s  apathy
when will you have all you can stand

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would weever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

Latest posts by EdF (see all)

EdF

Sometime in my life, I started to write about my life journey, in poetry, in story perhaps to sort them out and enter them into a place of safekeeping. The soul of the writer is perhaps best described in their words, emotions and thoughts. If these poems or stories touch something inside you then maybe I have succeeded in sharing. I will not write about my self in profile, because self isn't so important in writing. Only the journey in words and the sharing are important. Why would we ever say " Now about me !"........I'd rather write about life, nature, serenity ........

5 thoughts on “Magic in the Land Down Under

• April 21, 2018 at 6:24 PM

Not sure what sparked this spiteful swipe, but if you want to compare racial problems between America and Australia, you’ve won that pissing contest by a mile. All countries invaded by white people have poorly treated their indigenous populations, and yes, we bare the stain of some horrific history. But that is long gone and as a country, we fight for equality. Your vision of chained aborigines is somewhat irrelevant my friend. But you see little of our news as your government uses media to hand feed its populous on what direction it wishes to pursue…all a matter of control. So your view isn’t current, in fact by your own admission your outdated statement is moot. Its true as we learn from the past, but the inference that we treat our aboriginal Australians like slaves is ridiculous and just plain ignorant.

• April 22, 2018 at 5:54 AM

This is what I was bringing up on your writing the other day Tony where you write about our Pres. Trump . Sounds here like you’re a bit angered by this verse . Contrary to what you say though , The abuses of the aboriginal goes on and it shows in the abject poverty , physical , spousal and child abuses NOT even recorded or regulated by the Australian government . Your NW Territories are the prime example of how perhaps America was 100 or150 years ago , Turnbull is even now trying to cover up the fact your government doesn’t even record the abuses , ……..All easily found googling !
    My point?

Perhaps we either should leave politics out of The Creative Exiles or allow it to go forward full bore , we can all find plenty of faults with each others governments and modern cultures ……… Your choice ?
    Someone said to me the other day , “…….Don’t get all butt hurt over this ……” My question ,as this verse seems to bother you , politics is a war that can be fought well beyond a standstill of decency , TCE didn’t begin for that , so , Is that where it’s headed ?

• April 22, 2018 at 5:59 AM

Thank you Phyllis , I shouldn’t have gotten political , it doesn’t fit or even look good in TCE . I had to respond to some that I’ve seen though . I have been somewhat avoiding TCE for this reason , One thing I loved about the beginning here was the neutrality of the creative arts.
    Although I love debates , Politics is a turn off . Keep up your awesome involvement here !

• April 22, 2018 at 7:06 AM

No Ed, perhaps subjects like politics shouldn’t be a part of TCE. I usually I don’t write opinion pieces, but sometimes, especially with Trump, it does effect the world, not just America. In any case I’ll leave it all alone, not worth the heart palpitations. Lol I’m a writer, that’s it. Much rather write about positive subjects. Cheers!