For You Dear Daughter….

for you dear daughter

For You Dear Daughter…

Hearts keep brimming up with emotions

and eyes become misty with tears,

whenever attempts are made to describe

the precious bond between a mother and her child,

each baby, a blessing from the heavens

to make an ordinary woman the epitome of divine.

How vividly i can still remember

the day I first held you in my arms,

after a ten month journey of trepidation and worries

while eagerly waiting for the first glimpse of your face,

before you came as an answer to all my humble prayers

like a mystic temple bell’s auspicious chime.

Soon I began to hear your resolute cries

that could only be hushed by my warmth,

and saw smiles that melted all tiredness

of hectic mornings and sleepless nights,

as I gleefully surrendered my heart forever

to you who had just entered my life.

I can never describe what you mean to me

because I find no words endearing enough,

as your each little milestone created a mighty surge of pride

in my mind submerged wholly in your thoughts,

as you kept adding in your own inimitable way

new meanings to my monotonous days.

Through your innocent gestures you taught me

priceless lessons on unconditional love,

while I tried to reciprocate that infinite trust

in your little eyes which always regarded me as perfect,

as my days and nights got entirely eclipsed by

the delights and sacrifices of motherhood.

How quickly these days roll by,

the sand trickling steadily through destiny’s hourglass,

as I keep watching your blossoming individuality

like the unfurling of a unique flower’s petals,

as you begin to add newfound priorities to your little world

while remaining eternally at the center of mine.

© Anjana Vipin E

(Written for my daughter on her 6th birthday)

Anjana

I am a postgraduate in the field of biotechnology. I always had a profound appreciation for all forms of creative writing and I have been writing poetry in writers network for two years. At present, I am residing in Rutherford, New Jersey. Thank you so much for visiting my page and I would be delighted to have your valuable feedback.

Latest posts by Anjana (see all)

Anjana

12 thoughts on “For You Dear Daughter….

• February 4, 2018 at 6:47 PM

Anjana, this is so very beautiful. Your daughter will treasure it. Every one who reads this will feel the deep love you express, for your poem is endearing and timeless. Great work. Take care.

• February 5, 2018 at 7:01 AM

Thank you so much dear Phyllis..I am so happy to know that this effort found favor in your eyes..always appreciate your kind words of support..

• February 4, 2018 at 7:09 PM

Beautiful sentiments as only a mother can know and express, and so well penned with such warmth and love. Wonderful work my dear Anjana, your little one is blessed to have you as her mother. Take care.

• February 5, 2018 at 7:04 AM

Thank you so much dear Tony for your kind words..delighted to know that you liked this and always grateful for your support and encouragement..

• February 5, 2018 at 10:41 AM

I always wanted to read from You something about Your precious daughter, and I’m really happy, still having that soft smile on my face reading Your loving words, I know that Your shy and gentle nature had left You with more fear through Your pregnancy, and I’m so sure that Your little angel has gifted You the strength after she was born, dearest Anjana, I imagine You the most caring gentle young mother, the most sweet warming one, and I can imagine Your daughter reading Your poem when she will become a mother, how much by then it will touch her to the depths… Your first verse was amazing, how it spoke the truth that can’t be hold in certain emotions, but always beyond, Your last lines were profoundly wonderful, how You know that Your daughter will grow up, making her own world, still she will remain precious forever, exactly as Your first moments holding her, nothing can change that.

to our precious little princess, Happy 6th Birthday, may the sweetest of gifts, the sparkling graces, the angels kisses, fill Your long long years.

• February 5, 2018 at 1:12 PM

My dearest friend..thank you for your precious visit to my page and leaving behind such encouraging and sweet words..You have always showered a great deal of support on my writes and given me a gift of friendship that I will always treasure..Because of the kind and lovely person that you are, I am sure you would understand the emotions behind this effort..and my daughter is lucky to receive such a lovely birthday wish from you..thank you so much Gh…a pure delight to have your words on my page once again..

• February 6, 2018 at 7:43 PM

Thank you dear Rasma for reading and leaving behind a lovely comment..I so appreciate it..

• February 6, 2018 at 1:07 PM

So glad to see you again, after such a drought.

I have been latched inside some random fence
    of which my heart can not recompense
    and yet there have been so many mil;es
    where exist yet but so many random smiles…

My reaching does not extend to WN or CE as yet. Please write me at
    a112yearoldman@yahoo.com

Thank you so much, young talented poetess.

Donald Loudon

Thank you, young talented poet.

Donald Loudon

• February 6, 2018 at 7:20 PM

Thank you dear Donald for leaving behind your kind words..happy to hear from you again and hope you are doing good..

• February 6, 2018 at 1:25 PM

That last line sums it all up. They become our everything. Each step we try to guide them, each leap we continue to dole out praise. It is our jobs as parents to keep ourselves relevant in their lives. Your daughter is lucky to have you. Beautiful piece my friend.

• February 6, 2018 at 7:21 PM

Thank you my dear friend Paul for your visit and kind words..So happy to know that this effort found favor in your eyes..