In Quarantine, Again

In Quarantine, Again
In Quarantine, Again

In quarantine, my heart,
still unhealthy from my last poignant start,
as the isolation begins to smart,
in this cold plastic space.

How long this separation,
this loveless anticipation,
impaled by my imagination,
I forlorn do ponder.

Why do I end up here,
a love lost sate so austere,
regretful echoes of past so dear,
do haunt my darkened dreams.

Here in quarantine, I wonder,
can time put asunder,
the pain of loss I’m under,
in the repentance that I feel.

I gave my all, and yet forestalled,
repeating all I thought would cause,
longevity in my loves applause,
to keep our life in focus.

But I was wrong,
Auld Lang Syne my song,
fair well we too don’t get along,
and in quarantine I remain.

They say that time eventually heals,
and hearts lost can repeal the pain,
but scares still reveal the rain,
that drown my wretched life.

And who knows how long I’ll be here,
heart ache laden but hope endeared,
to one day be released from fear,
to be open to love again.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link for review and purchase

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “In Quarantine, Again

• October 31, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Love will be in your life again, for you are of love, all that love means is in your heart and soul. Very emotive verse, Tony, that needs a hug. x Take care.

• November 1, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Very strong verse Tony. You shall find love again sir. I am curious with the fifth and seventh stanzas, The others all had a-a-a rhymes, just a preference of words maybe. Either way excellent piece my friend.

• November 1, 2017 at 9:23 PM

Sometimes the words just supersede the rhyme and the break does alert the reader to perhaps question, but also take notice of the words. Often a ploy, but sometimes not, and when I go to edit, I just can’t change what I first intended. A strange explanation I know, but I sometimes think that uniformity can be boring. I do love to play with structures. Thanks Paul, so pleased you enjoyed it.

• November 2, 2017 at 6:15 AM

The effects of a broken heart, unhealed, lost and striving to find self is sad a plight for any human being. Once we were loved, and love we gave back a plenty, yet one must ask, are some of us truly lost to retain it. We wander about searching for that person, we think we found her/him and then like mist on a foggy night, it slips into the shadows never again to appear. Many of us walk this life alone, and I accept that scourge of the soul. Artists give their all to the world, hoping that they leave some legacy of themselves and who they were and how they actually did LOVE the world, yet could not express it in it’s truest form.So we walk alone…………

• November 2, 2017 at 7:07 AM

A most eloquent reply Vincent. Good to heart from you my friend, and glad you enjoyed this one. Glad you related. Cheers!

• November 2, 2017 at 6:37 AM

Wow, and more wow – I think most folks can relate in one form or another with this piece Tony. I know it strikes home with me. Thank you for sharing this part of you.

• November 2, 2017 at 7:08 AM

Thanks for acknowledging it Kurt. Glad you appreciated the piece and it was relate-able. Cheers!