In Angel Grove Where Love Abides

In Angel Grove Where Love Abides
In Angel Grove Where Love Abides

Angel Grove, where dreams unfold,
lovers trysts and heartfelt gifts of tenderness,
endow this secret garden hold,
and roses bloom in sacred perfection,
never wilt or fragrance wane,
it always the same in Angel Grove,
as if time withheld its breath,
and world stopped spinning
just to honor the stars, the depth
of infinite love and cosmos.

Here, hearts are one,
touch the reassurance of love’s summation,
its out of worldly affirmation of right,
when life is all and troubles fall from sight,
just to be in the arms of a lover’s embrace,
to trace names upon delicate skin,
lips so full to iterate the souls fulfilled,
the hearts lost to one another,
melding one to the other,
in perfect state.

In Angel Grove, angels do appear,
to reside over love’s dear heart,
when souls are bound in life and after,
infinite rhymes and joyous laughter,
resound in nooks of greenery,
blossoms plush in colored finery
the walls of loves keeping,
under starlight and moons luminous light,
words are spoken and commitment heard
to honor light and life.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link for review and purchase

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “In Angel Grove Where Love Abides

• September 7, 2017 at 6:02 AM

So very beautiful, Tony. I believe we all have an Angel Grove within us – to have someone to share it is a blessed gift indeed. Lovely piece, soft and peaceful.

• September 7, 2017 at 6:06 AM

Angel Grove is a place where all lovers wish to be, maybe we find it in another sphere, but not here on earth. Superficial love abounds in our world. Lust, greed, lies, mistrust, bitter tongues, cheaters, haters, players abound and vows broken to take lovers from once being one to broken toys. Yes indeed my friend to find a place such as Angel Grove would be heaven, but its there such a place, we will all find out when we leave our empty scarred shell behind and continue on our journey. Beautifully expressed as always and penned by a master. Cheers.

• September 7, 2017 at 8:15 AM

Thanks you for your kindness Vincent. I guess Angel Grove is an ideal of which is rarely expressed these days. Romantic love seems to come with many hooks and surprises. The love I cultivate now is far broader and universal as we may remove our egos and leave our desires behind. The experience of deep romantic love is perfection if only momentary, and we still yearn for its purity and bliss. Take care my friend.

• September 7, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Truly lovely piece my friend. I wish I could steal the passion from a place like this for the rest of my life, I know such passionate love is fleeting in the bigger picture but it would be nice. Well done my friend, well done.

• September 7, 2017 at 9:19 PM

Much appreciated Paul, yes, love does get blurred in the real world and circumstances change like the weather. Yet we seek the ideal, those moments of bliss as they can be defining. Cheers!

• September 9, 2017 at 12:39 AM

Left me with a poignant smile on my face wishing I had a ticket for Angel Grove.

• September 9, 2017 at 1:23 AM

Glad you enjoyed it Rasma, its a place we’d all love to be within. Cheers!