Sunday Morning

Behind attentive ears

To hear

Fears

Hopes

Sunday morning dreams

Valerie Vaughn
Latest posts by Valerie Vaughn (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Valerie Vaughn

Poet & Writer. Contributor to Feminine Collective. Contributor at The Poetry Rag. Contributor/Member of The Creative Exiles. Contributor to Poets Unlimited, Extra Newsfeed, and Crossin(G)enres at Medium. Editor's Pick Recipient (2015) - at narratorINTERNATIONAL.

12 thoughts on “Sunday Morning

• August 28, 2017 at 9:56 PM

Delightful poem, Val. How well I remember Sunday mornings when I was married and my kids were little, crawling in bed with us. Thanks for this bit of nostalgia. And thanks for coming in to publish your first post. We appreciate it. Welcome to TCE community.

• August 28, 2017 at 10:58 PM

Thank you, Phyllis, Tony, and Vincent for such a warm welcome to the TCE community. I’m glad you all enjoy Sunday mornings as much as I do.

• August 28, 2017 at 10:13 PM

An imagery filled piece, delicately depicting the joy of Sundays, day of rest. Succinct, well rendered and evocative of those wonderful lazy mornings. Welcome Val and hope you enjoy the TCE community. Take care.

• August 28, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Those weekend morning moments, sharing the bed sheets, entwining legs and tender kisses. Putting Joe on for it’s aromatic pleasure to awaken our senses, wile the bacon sizzles. All the enticing moments spent with that someone special in our life, it could just be singular or a memory recall. Regardless sweet tender moments of weekend bliss. I have always loved the weekends. Welcome Val to TCE looking forward to reading more of your work.

• August 29, 2017 at 9:11 AM

Welcome to the family Val – this submission fills the head of the reader with so many warm and tender thoughts….almost makes me want to go back home and convince my wife we need to “rest” all day!

• August 29, 2017 at 11:25 AM

Oh how I can relate to your wonderful description of Sunday mornings. A very well written piece, Valerie. Welcome to The Creative Exiles.

• August 29, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Thank you, RJ and John. It’s an honor to be an exile within a community of immensely talented writers.

• August 30, 2017 at 1:43 PM

Excellent imagery. Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing this piece. I feel many of these things you mention here. I for one am a sucker for day-long hugs from my kids. I could sit on my couch all day with their arms nuzzled in with me. Its such a great feeling. Nice work.

• August 30, 2017 at 9:14 PM

Thank you, Paul. It’s always a pleasure when a fellow writer appreciates and relates to one of your works.

• October 27, 2017 at 8:50 AM

You just described the perfect life ! Why isn’t every day this kind of sunday ? Awesome write !

• November 5, 2017 at 6:26 PM

Thank you, Ed. I’m glad you can relate to the words of this particular piece.