And No-one Came…a writers insecurity

And No-one Came...a writer's insecurity
And No-one Came…a writer’s insecurity

Insecurity….

And no-one came,
empty seats and awkward silence,
guilt for what unsaid remained,
like a dark scratchy cloud profane,
expletives screamed in quiet frustration,
and the room filled
with unexplained absence,
chilled that air in mental reticence,
facing not the emptiness.

Heart spilled into pools vast,
spread the world over,
cryptic verses deeply adverse,
for the truth they told perverse
to those who neglected
to try to understand,
before abandon bleached the pages,
rages unaccompanied,
echo in vast caverns, never to be heard.

No-one came,
who could blame them,
perhaps above their pay-grade,
same as truth all buried, retrograde,
and deserted they who tried to say,
tried to expel the rumors,
that if no-one came, what’s the point
in these existential verses,
bled upon a sleeve.

Words so personal,
attached to skin a breaking,
lines so meaningful, heart is aching,
reality so filled with light,
darkness views it as trite,
and judgement falls
like a henchman’s blade,
the crime pursuant of truth,
espoused as a soul so clean.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link for review and purchase

Tony DeLorger
Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)
Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “And No-one Came…a writers insecurity

• August 26, 2017 at 2:30 AM

Echoes of regret, sorrow, disappointment? Mysterious, Tony. I read it four times and am lost among the words and phrases. Is it a private message that only the one intended would understand? It is nicely penned and seems to have a deep meaning for someone. Maybe my mind is not very clear tonight. Too much going on in my mind. I will read it again in the morning. Take care.

• August 26, 2017 at 3:18 AM

Thanks Phyllis. Cheers!

• August 26, 2017 at 6:05 AM

This echoes of much frustrations with trying to get words out to the world, exposing our sides that hurt, pain cast on our souls from others, we hope that by screaming out to the fray, they will take us in, understand where I am coming from without casting a stone. Many of us live in a dark room, two chairs, hoping that the one who occupies the other will be full of understanding and love. Often not, it remains empty and the echo is our own voice and mind shouting at us, HELP will someone please listen to my pain I pen. We just lost a writer from our group, for her own reasons she pulled the pin here. Yet your words here Tony have meanings always behind them. We as writers don’t always have to understand them fully or their meaning within. The importance is showing empathy for disappointment, sorrow, regret on a weary soul. I know your words are released like rapid fire and often certain your filter just let’s go and they come out as given. I respect that from any writer. We all want to be understood but the world too often is unforgiving. I can only pray for peace and tranquility for all souls that fight daily to stay sane in this insane world. Thanks for sharing your heart and soul as always, no explanation needed. Peace my brother.

• August 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Thanks Vincent. This work was written with Tamara in mind as it struck me with great sadness when I learned she had left. I think in many ways she was misunderstood, but I love her wit and take on things and I do hope she recovers from the pain of her past and comes back to join us. Cheers!

• August 26, 2017 at 7:24 AM

After a few hours sleep my head is clearing up, but it still hurts badly. I just have to rise above it. I want to thank you for writing this, Tony. There is not much I could add to Vincent’s comment, which is so eloquent and feels spot on. Thank you, Vincent. Thank you both, dear poets.

• August 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM

As I just explained to Vincent, the work was written for Tamara, and I understand it may not make sense without knowing that. I do hope she’s ok. Take care my friend.

• August 26, 2017 at 9:29 AM

I have been keeping in touch with her, Tony. She will be fine, she just needs time to find her right path. x

• August 26, 2017 at 9:33 AM

My gut and intuition was correct, I felt your concern through your words and immediately Tamara came to mind as she messaged me yesterday and before I could reply she had dropped out of TCE as well as FB. I too hope she finds her path Phyllis and seeks help to rid herself of the pain from her past traumatic experiences with Narcissistic humans. Peace and love is what we all desire, I pray she finds hers and comes back to us. I enjoyed her presence, sense of humor, fine graphics and messages behind her scribes.