A Miracle Upon my Hand

A Miracle Upon My Hand
A Miracle Upon My Hand

What miracle upon my hand,
a flighted seed in search of home,
the promise of a precious life,
dressed in carriage of destined flight,
and how small its form,
how beautiful its wings,
to soar and by wind
find everything it needs to survive.

I reach out and watch it take flight,
tossed and turned in warm days light,
and far it soars to a distant land,
where nurture it will find,
and grow strong and understand it purpose,
as from shadows it will rise to sunlight’s dawn,
until it too shall spawn its flighted seeds,
to soar into the vast forever.

What miracles nature holds,
no pride or sentiment told,
just the being of life unfurled,
in myriad forms a billion yield,
a gift of perfect life abounds to our delight,
should we witness its every mold,
its every cradle of birth,
blessed upon this earth, as we in turn abide.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link for review and purchase

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

6 thoughts on “A Miracle Upon my Hand

• August 29, 2017 at 1:42 AM

Such miraculous events in a life so small and bonding with the wind to find a home. I love the miracles of nature that teach us so much about life. To let the mind wander along with one of nature’s creations is a beautiful experience. And this is a beautiful verse, Tony. I often take time out to find peace by watching little things like seeds and become aware of how great their life really is. Lovely work, Tony.

• August 29, 2017 at 2:06 AM

Thanks Phyllis, yes, I do the same; it makes you realize the miracle that life is. Cheers!

• August 29, 2017 at 6:28 AM

Seed of life in so many forms we see daily. Out of respect we are keepers of their journey, not to disturb them in their flight and growth for life is a precious jewel given to earth to reproduce and expand. I love to see the miracles as they happen, mother nature on it’s beautiful course of enlightenment. You captured it so well with this rendition of a miracle in your hand. Cheers.

• August 29, 2017 at 6:21 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Vincent, yes, its simple things like this that keep us inspired and in wonder of life. Cheers!

• August 29, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Such a positive and uplifting piece Tony – I do enjoy your works on the natural world. They inspire the reader to think deeper, look more vigilantly, and to be one with the spirit of the land.

• August 29, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Thanks Ralph, I think its important that we be aware, as it grounds us to the importance of life and the opportunity we have within it. Cheers!