Light and Shade

Light and Shade

We all have light and shade in the days of our lives
light and shade

Light and Shade

Entangled in an ancient cosmic dance
Sunlight and shadow, integral to romance
Without one, would the other e’er exist?
It is the swing that always is betwixt
The two – the ups and downs, the light and shade
Of both is what all lovers’ tales are made
So it was and so it always will
Be – a pendulum that’s never still
The brightest sunshine must needs cast a shadow
As sure as today comes before tomorrow
Like music and like dance, love is a motion
Of ever-changing light and shade emotions.

Shalini Kagal

Shalini Kagal

Proprietor at Ohm Enterprises
I live in India. I'm a retired advertising professional and run a dairy ingredients business. I've done content writing for clients around the world. I also edit and ghost write books. What I love doing most is to write - whenever, whatever.
Shalini Kagal

Latest posts by Shalini Kagal (see all)

Shalini Kagal

10 thoughts on “Light and Shade

• August 5, 2017 at 2:21 AM

Lovely Shalini, and yes we are every shade of color in our emotions, back and forth we travail life with all its extremes in love and loss. So well penned and emotively expressed my friend.

• August 5, 2017 at 3:05 AM

A beautifully penned sonnet, Shalini. And yes, we do go betwixt, the ups and downs, in shades of love and loss. Lovely work.

• August 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM

As long as life’s ups and downs don’t stop us from writing, I’m grateful. Thanks, Phyllis!

• August 5, 2017 at 5:44 AM

Life is but a world of shadows, shades of black and white. Divine in nature, for without it, we could always be in the dark. I say bring on the light and the sunshine to cast forth shadows that we can all abide under and dance. Beautifully expressed Shaline, I enjoyed the read.

• August 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Thank you, Vincent! The perfect balance must come from day and night, sunshine and darkness, I guess.

• August 6, 2017 at 5:22 AM

Love certainly covers the spectrums of light and shade, Shalini. This was a wonderfully creative and well-written piece. Loved it.

• August 6, 2017 at 9:48 PM

Thank you, John. Love IS a many splendoured thing, is it not? With all its shades of dark and light!