Let’s Talk of Peace…the Movement

Let's Talk of Peace...the Movement
Let’s Talk of Peace…the Movement

Lets talk of peace,
for the world rarely recognizes its state,
and worse, rarely is that state found,
yet there are those who will fight
for its highest ideal,
speak of adversity, oppression
and the narcissistic leaders
who wage war for themselves alone.

Those of peace,
of love and compassion,
are those who live their beliefs,
and find joy in sharing their ideals,
yet they are not the wealthy,
the power brokers who control fates,
more often just average, even poor folk
who find meaning in life.

There can be no revolution of force,
there can be no militant action
that solves this problem,
for the corrupt will always exist
in the halls of power,
for greed is a human imperfection,
and those in control will not relinquish
their padded lives.

The revolution must come from within,
each one of us finding peace within ourselves,
and that state then radiates outwardly,
seen as purity and kindness,
for chasing beliefs or ideals is just a rhetoric
if we are not at peace with ourselves,
not living with a forgiving heart
or the kindness of understanding.

The world is a reflection of ourselves,
each and every one of us,
and blaming is a pointless waste,
for we are all connected, one race, one creation,
given possibilities, choices and potential,
and when we find the true beauty within us,
we can then look to solving
the hatred and narcissism of our world.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link for review and purchase

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “Let’s Talk of Peace…the Movement

• August 17, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Yes, love, peace and beauty comes from within. Peace must start with our Self. Well said, Tony. I pray the Movement spreads widely and fast. Great work. Take care.

• August 18, 2017 at 8:41 AM

Agree. Peace must start within. The United States needs this Movement in the worst way. It’s ugly. People are getting violent over the smallest things. It’s uncomfortable to say the least. We need more people to hop onboard the peace train. Great work Tony, good message.

• August 18, 2017 at 6:25 PM

Thanks Paul, yes if we can’t find peace within ourselves, what chance has the world got. Take care.

• August 18, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Glad you joined the peace train Tony. Your words are effective and powerful I’m promoting this worthy and much needed agenda. The attrocities effecting our world need to end and the only way to stop it is to change people’s attitudes, racism, and greed. Good work.

• August 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM

Thanks John, yes it is the only way: a personal revolution of attitude. Cheers!

• August 18, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Tony,

I had to come to see for myself what all of the delightful comments you were receiving were all about. I am glad I am here!

This is spectacular, and a poem which might very well inspire change. Yes, the “the pen is mightier than the sword”. I wish to be a part of this movement, too. Just like Phyllis, Paul, and John said so fairly.

I feel afraid in this world, but The Lord keeps me strong by His Spirit. There is no other alternative than to remain strong. I have two beautiful. young adult sons, and I need to remain constant for them. Because they need me, I am not allowed to have a Nervous Breakdown, though I have come close on certain occasions. In fact, the truth is that I cannot even set a date on my calander in which to allow myself an Acute Breakdown because I want to be here for my sons.

I have been the only parent to them, since their dad passed away when they were young teenagers. I press on for them. I wish to be both, their mom and dad, but no matter how much I try, I cannot be a man. But, they have had the blessing of wonderful role-models, such as a ‘friend of the family’ who is a male, and at one time in their lives, while both boys were in the Fire Academy, the Fire Captain was as a male role-model to them. God always provides!

Anyway, getting back to your breathtaking poem, I will put this in Pinterest, ETC.,. I spread the word about Covert Narcissists for the upcoming generation, which includes my sons. They need to know about Narcissists, and that of the Keyword: Covert.

I can tell that you have a beautiful soul, and am honored to be your friend, and read your poetry. I wish that we (Phyllis, John, You, Vincent, Paul, Kurt, and yes, Ralph, too, and the others), could get together and have tea, and all of us read poetry together. I wish for this!

Hugs from Tamara

• August 18, 2017 at 6:30 PM

Thank you for your kind words Tamara, and sharing your story. I’ve been married three times and was a single parent for some years with three children. I now have five and my youngest is twenty three. I am here for them as well as one still lives with me. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a loving world for them to experience life. We can only try to inspire the thought. Take care my friend.