My Ghostly Visit…My Saving Grace

"<yoastmark

My first born child died at four months, after many operations and suffering she endured with such courage and resolve. Two months after her death I had a dream, well it was no dream for me. But this visit saved me from myself, my grieving and pain finding peace and a knowing that life is eternal. And love, the purpose of life itself.

She sat upon a cot in a stark hospital room,
small yet pleasant enough,
and I arrived from floating above her bed,
confused yet so desperate to see her,
it all seemed right.

Her smile was radiant,
and the joy she exuded
gave my heart an injection of spirit,
and as I sat beside her,
she began to talk, to explain her death.

My grieving just dissipated,
watching her tiny four month old body fade,
my hearts demise, my pain exemplified,
yet here she was, teaching me,
explaining life as if a summer’s day in the park.

I held her diminutive body,
her soul as a giant enveloped me,
as love redefined itself,
my baby was not gone, but journeying on,
and my tears were for myself, my loss.

I remember the smell of the room,
the color of walls and her beaming face
so young yet wise, beyond my comprehension,
and I, her father, the student,
she a masterful soul filled with love.

All too soon I had to leave,
for this visit was not known to another,
and I didn’t belong there,
so I melded with her beautiful soul
and fell from sight, that night of my saving.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

6 thoughts on “My Ghostly Visit…My Saving Grace

• August 6, 2017 at 11:17 PM

She is a wise and very old soul. There is a reason she chose you for Father and only the two of you know that. A beautiful soul, a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing this spiritual experience, Tony.

• August 7, 2017 at 5:35 AM

Yes Tony, life is eternal. You as a poet are living a life here now and purpose to share your wisdom with us, to touch our souls. We all are travelers in time, another stopping place. Like a trains long journey, it stops, we get off to visit for awhile, then back onto another journey of teaching. The visit with your beloved daughter was planned, she was teaching you that LOVE is the purpose of humans, we wouldn’t know it at times, with all the turmoil, wars and death here. However that aside, we are here to teach and prepare our fellow human for their next journey, good or bad. I’m happy that you were saved from yourself by her wisdom and felt a great sense of encompassing LOVE from her. You sir were given a peace beyond his world, by meeting your daughter. We all will meet our loves ones again in the other worlds. A friend of mine came into work one morning and told me she had a loving meeting with her deceased mom the night before. She visited her by sitting at the end of her bed and guiding her with her LOVE, she felt so wonderful that morning discussing it with me.

• August 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Thanks Vincent, yes we need to have faith in life and know that we live on and on. There is so much more than we know. Take care my friend.

• August 8, 2017 at 7:54 AM

So sad and so beautiful my friend. She the master and you the student. Her little time spent here with you, all she knew was love from another, her soul was bathed in it. Her message is one of love constant and consistent, to love one another. Beautiful my friend.