Finding Truth in Clouds

Finding Truth in Clouds
Finding Truth in Clouds

Upon the sky clouds written in scroll,
swirling truths and lies:
reflections of the lies we tell,
the truths surmised,
as thought and cloud meet
between heaven and earth,
and somehow encrypt those thoughts of worth,
to remain aloft for whose eyes can see.

I lay upon a grassy knoll,
plush green bed of softest down,
to gaze the endless skies,
filled with words of life, so afferent, so beguiling,
they story tell my day in cloud,
of all those thoughts that posed before my time,
now echo to me from past lost,
to whisper secrets held.

Oh how I love clouds,
their forms so elastic, so changeable,
and their words so true,
to imbue my mind with revelations,
nature’s whispers of thoughts immemorial;
yet I languish in their wake,
as if my meager thoughts irrelevant,
my being so encrusted with all that’s come before,
and I just adding mistakes.

But now and then,
those words just seem to form an epiphany,
and I embark on thoughts unthought,
and find solace in their stark serendipitous flow,
to know more than I did before,
listening to the sky,
the vast expanse of my ponderous eyes,
finding truth in clouds.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My book link

Tony DeLorger

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

8 thoughts on “Finding Truth in Clouds

• August 2, 2017 at 9:24 PM

I can just see you lying back on a hillock, probably a long piece of grass in your teeth and a huge smile on your face, just drinking in the beauty of everything you see above you; saving the experience for later to pen this wonderful piece. Great work.

• August 2, 2017 at 9:31 PM

Much appreciated Ralph, yes nature is a wonder in all aspects and I have always been enamored of clouds and their secrets unspoken. Cheers my friend.

• August 2, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Oh how I love clouds. Your imagery is so vivid I can see clouds slowly rolling by as the speak of the past, the present and the future. To gaze at clouds takes the mind and emotions to another place so quiet and peaceful. The morning sky here today was gorgeous, with fluffy and all shapes of clouds streaked with pink from the sun coming up behind the mountain. I just sat and gazed at them till the sun was up. Beautiful piece, Tony.

• August 2, 2017 at 11:08 PM

yes we share the same appreciation of nature’s beauty and clouds one of my favorites. Glad you enjoyed it Phyllis, take care

• August 3, 2017 at 5:04 AM

You turned your verse into a billow of fluffy clouds, so inspiring as usual. As a boy I use to lay down and look up at the clouds to capture faces hidden among their precious hidden white treasures. Like me, you Tony could be seen laying back as Ralph suggested, with that long stem of grass hanging from your lips in total awe, conjuring up verse after verse as pictures cloud your brilliant mind. Perfectly visualized my friend, I truly enjoyed this piece. Cheers.

• August 3, 2017 at 6:06 AM

Much appreciated Vincent, my love of clouds is evident as I often write about them. Beauty comes in so many forms. Glad you enjoyed it my friend.

• August 3, 2017 at 10:27 PM

The clouds are messengers for lovers, bring out best colours for painters, they are lifeline for the earth. They are next closest to almighty.

Great poetry tony.