‘Fall Pure Water Fall’ (If You Must)

Fall Pure Water Fall, describes the journey of the element of water within the World International Heritage Park of Fiordland, New Zealand.  Held in its purest form by towering ice capped Southern Alps until the natural melt, this regions ever flowing water is also fed by high levels of annual rainfall. Beneath the Southern Alps and lined with dense unexplored ancient beech forests, the lake-like deep cut glacial Fiords meet and merge with the cold Great Southern Ocean.

Morning mists hiding the forest canopy and clouds are captured in the arms of sphagnum mosses to be returned and blended yet again; thus returning home. If the natural beauty and cycle of this unique part of our world represents all life, the nourishment of its pristine water flowing within its veins, must surely be its life blood. It was to this place of changeable moods and constant flow, that as a child born, the author came to know the Fiordland coast as his Home.

"Fall"
Pure water of Fiordland, New Zealand on a path to home.

‘Fall Pure Water Fall’

Fall if you must, fall beautifully;

Illustrate what having immortal soul, really means

Only you, will always fall so well, when passing through

No one born of other elements,

Nor any negative mind, will ever understand the pleasure

found within your fall, or why you feel the need, as you do

Or how your fall empowers your vital flow,

To enhance a greater presence seldom seen

Your will and your ability to smooth,

shall dull any rough stone daring to stand in your way

All resistance, effortlessly eroded, as you roam

Or just pass it by, leaving it far behind you

Whatever chosen path you take;

will eventually bring you back, to home

For to that place, where all life energy is renewed

Your calm, true heart will always stay…

*~ Pearldiver~

Copyright © 2014 Rob Welsh – Pearldiver with all rights reserved.

"Coming Home"
Home – the pure waters of Fiordland New Zealand – World International Heritage Park.

Other works by Pearldiver:

Rob Welsh

Take whatever you need from me
if you believe it will make you happy
But please, don’t take my heart
Don’t rob me of my soul

For they are all that I am
All that I truly need
To be free, to care, enough to share
To be at peace, and just to be, whole…

*~ Pearldiver ~

Latest posts by Rob Welsh (see all)

10 thoughts on “‘Fall Pure Water Fall’ (If You Must)

• August 15, 2017 at 8:08 PM

Water is my element and I love to be near it. Your poem really touches a special part of me, Rob. I love it. Your vivid description in the intro and the poem, takes the reader along as the water journeys home. Your drawings enhance your words as always. Marvelous work.

• August 16, 2017 at 12:40 AM

Thank you for your kind comments Phyllis, my life has been ruled by water also. This piece is part of an anthology that includes the many secluded, wild and tranquil places I have lived, all unique places that helped shape my love of nature, the sea and who I am. Fiordland is a magnificent and largely uninhabited place, bar those who fish the area for crayfish.

• August 16, 2017 at 12:25 AM

Nicely penned Rob of that eternal cycle of water from snow capped mountains down to catchments. There is nothing so pure as that scent of pure water rushing by. Great work my friend.

• August 22, 2017 at 12:27 AM

Thank you Tony, as a Water Dragon this piece also represents pieces and events of my life and was originally written to help explain the reasons why my life’s path has deviated in the manner it has. Using Fiordland as the illustration was apt as that region of NZ was my original home. Glad you enjoyed the trip.. take care

• August 18, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Everything we need to know about life – our own and our planet’s – is taught through this element. You have done it justice with this beautiful and powerful poem. I’m in awe!

• August 22, 2017 at 12:40 AM

Thank you so much Alex. It took me many years to understand the full relevance of water to many events in my life.. this piece relates to some of those events. I have always found it hard to write about myself and the unusual paths I have knowingly and unwittingly taken in my life. Like many writers, it tends to be easier to reflect and relate through nature. Pleased you enjoyed this piece Alex.. you take care..

• August 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM

I doubt if anything can quite march the beauty of falling water and I think you’ve captured that so powerfully in this poem.

• August 22, 2017 at 12:53 AM

Thank you so much Shalini, it wasn’t too hard to pen.. I had fallen many times before I realized the true relevance of those falls. You’re spot on with your statement on falling water.. I have found that the zen of Japanese culture probably has done the most justice to the art and presence of water. Glad you enjoyed this piece and btw… I knew you meant ‘match’ – you take care

• August 22, 2017 at 12:54 AM