What To Wear This Halloween – The Costume Dilemma

I cannot fly

What should I be?

A costume to wear

Mere weeks from now

Maybe a bear

Maybe an owl

Pirate, gypsy, tramp or thief

Alien, cowboy, Smurf, or Chief

With slings and arrows, crosses and guns

Let’s all dress up in the name of FUN!

R J Schwartz

I write about everything and sometimes nothing at all.I'm fascinated by old things, rusty things, abandoned places, or anywhere that a secret might be unearthed.I'm passionate about history and many of my pieces are anchored in one concept of time or another.I've always been a writer, dating back to my youth, but the last decade has been a time of growth for me.I'm continually pushing the limitations of vocabulary, syntax, and descriptive phrasing.

R J Schwartz

I write about everything and sometimes nothing at all. I'm fascinated by old things, rusty things, abandoned places, or anywhere that a secret might be unearthed. I'm passionate about history and many of my pieces are anchored in one concept of time or another. I've always been a writer, dating back to my youth, but the last decade has been a time of growth for me. I'm continually pushing the limitations of vocabulary, syntax, and descriptive phrasing.

5 thoughts on “What To Wear This Halloween – The Costume Dilemma

• August 30, 2017 at 5:22 PM

I love this, Ralph! That is a great photo of you in costume. Wow ! Now I am excited to come up with a good costume. How fun!

• August 30, 2017 at 5:43 PM

I always loved Halloween, especially with my 4 kids when they were young, trick and treating was fun for them as Dad waited in the wings, watching over their safety. My second and last wife and I met at a Halloween party, I was Dracula, she was a Prime Minister of Canada, Pierre Elliott Trudeau. We also married on Halloween, she was dressed as the bride and me the groom, the pastor said we were the first he ever married on Halloween. We divorced 20 years later and I left the bat cave forevermore. Great fun in this rhyming verse Ralph, you look great. Hope you and yours have a blast on Halloween. Enjoy.

• August 30, 2017 at 6:37 PM

Great piece Ralph – looking forward to Halloween with my 3 year-old grand daughter this year. I forgot how much fun the little things are, until I started having grandkids.

• August 30, 2017 at 7:28 PM

Some great shots of your nights of fun. Nice!

• August 30, 2017 at 8:39 PM

I’m the Steampunk Ringmaster in the banner picture – we had an amazing carnival in our front yard that year called the Underworlds Fair…it was DEAD-ly funny wo-ha-hahahahahaha…..