In Absinthia by Vincent Moore

quill
In Absinthia

In Absinthia is the first book of poetry in a series dedicated to all the things in life that stir my soul. Sometimes I’ve found myself outside time and my thoughts no longer held to any particular place. Such is the case with In Absinthia. “Souls of poets living and gone forever from this place of tavern Pall Mall on the Harvard, where my heart aches to be amongst these spirits with quill in hand.” Excerpts from Libertine at the Ole Pall Mall

Other books in this poetic trilogy are In Melancholia and In Passionata. Like In Absinthia, they deal with some of life’s darker issues as well as the joy. Many are inspired by this author’s past. This collection of my poetry is dedicated to all those writer’s who sit night after night, pen in hand, at the service of their muse. All three of my books can be found in digital format or soft cover at Blurb and ordered directly from there or my own website at the shoppe.

Vincent’s Books

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore

He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published.In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.
Vincent Moore

Latest posts by Vincent Moore (see all)

Vincent Moore

Vincent Moore pens his thoughts about many things and has a style all his own. Sometimes, he parties with words excessively and it becomes necessary to publish quickly lest his work be lost in the dark corners of his room or his mind. Vincent will lead you into mysterious worlds that are strange yet somehow familiar, worlds that will leave you unsettled and breathless for more. He was born and raised in Montreal Canada among the Irish, Brits, Italians and French. Point St Charles (commonly called The Point) was the Hell’s kitchen of Montreal. He played, cried, laughed and fought on the street corners, survival was an instinct and watching each others back important. Vincent left home at 17 to find his way in the world, failure and success he had plenty of. He studied the Arts and loved to draw and paint. Took acting lessons and envied those on the stage under the bright lights and hoped to some day become an actor, writer, playwright or painter. Vincent welcomes you to his world of mystery, fantasy and solitude. You can find a few of his writings in one of 3 books he's published. In Absinthia- In Melancholia and In Passionata.

9 thoughts on “In Absinthia by Vincent Moore

• August 12, 2017 at 8:11 PM

An excellent book review and I’ve just place an order my friend. You shall soon grace my bookshelf and I’m looking forward to it. Take care Vincent.

• August 12, 2017 at 8:39 PM

Aw thank you sir, I would love to grace your bookshelf. Of all the books you’ve penned, which would you say is your favorite, I’m sure they all are, but there must be that ONE. Please let me know and I will order it to grace my bookshelf as well my friend. I downloaded “The View from the Shed” to my Kindle, so now I have it on my Ipad, cell phone and my desktop to read.

• August 12, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Sorry you can’t get soft covers, but no matter. As fare as spiritual and meaningful work is concerned, ‘View From The Shed’ is an important one for me, as it is my beliefs and learning about the journey of living, plus I’ve added some poetry as well. As far as novels are concerned my favorite one is ‘Of Men Saints and Heretics’ a historic novel set in 14th century England, about the life of a monk who is more enlightened than the church. All the poetry books are just me, organized into subject matter about 100 odd poems per book. Glad you got ‘View from the Shed, be interested in you take on this one. Thanks Vincent and take care.

• August 12, 2017 at 9:22 PM

Yes when I went to order the softcover, only the digital showed up in Amazon.ca but that’s okay, I downloaded it regardless. I can always order the soft cover later, however I’m interested in having a look at “Of Men Saints and Heretics, I love historic novels with a twist, 14th century would be a great period to read. Gotta leave it to those monks who are more enlightened than the church Tony;-)) It should prove to be a very interesting read indeed. Another book of poetry I believe your 3rd, I see myself and Colin Stewart are mentioned. I recollect that now, how nice of you to have included us. I miss the Epigraman man. I don’t know if he is still alive. I heard some bad news that he had or was having a mental break down. I hope it’s untrue and he is doing fine.

• August 12, 2017 at 9:35 PM

I tried to order the soft cover, went to your site and it took me to the publisher page, added in my delivery address, etc etc, when I went to try Ship By, it came up as unable to fill your order or something to that affect, so I ordered the Kindle edition and it too now is in my system. Looking forward to reading it along with View from the Shed series. Thanks Tony.

• August 12, 2017 at 9:02 PM

Just got this for my IPad and looking forward to having a glimpse of your mind.

• August 12, 2017 at 9:12 PM

Hope you enjoy my musings, the mind is often froth with dreariness and melancholy. Enjoy

• August 13, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Vincent,

I have an IPAD, and a Kindle. Thank you for letting us know about your book. I hope to check these wonderful books out, soon, as time allows.

Hugsssss

• August 13, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Oh thank you Tamara, no hurry, I just put them in the book menu since it’s made available to promote our books. Hugs back