Whatever Moves the Heart

What Moves the Heart
What Moves the Heart

Whatever moves the heart
is one step closer to open,
like the petals of a bloom unfurl,
and life in realization flows
to meet that soul and gift
it blissful understanding;
so without a heart
truth has crusted edges,
and love cannot abide harshness,
its freedom an imperative.

Once truth is seen through the heart,
many truths then in line
start to appear,
and open becomes a natural state,
life pouring into the open space,
as knowing becomes the bliss,
vulnerable yet remiss
not to take its precious gift,
a perspective now so broad,
discernment the flow of life’s reward.

Humble we walk the earth,
battered, burned and then restored,
as the struggle
brings us closer to the truth,
that what we fight for
is a ruse, as love is all we need,
to offer our hearts to life’s experience
without the tethers of selfish deeds,
and the knowledge that life affords,
our directions chosen.

Whatever moves the heart
connects to our greatest potential,
the very spark of creation,
the intention of love,
and when we learn to accept
the hearts potential,
life aligns itself to our thoughts
and we become privy to its movement,
its eternal balance
and the joy that life can be.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

My books link

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

4 thoughts on “Whatever Moves the Heart

• July 31, 2017 at 9:50 PM

Yes, love is all we need. Your last stanza, Tony, has just been sheltered in my heart and soul – to remember always. Great work.

• July 31, 2017 at 10:08 PM

I knew you’d enjoy this one Phyllis. Being open is a courageous thing these days, as we become vulnerable. Yet, if we are closed, we are restricted from many truths and realities of life. Take care

• August 1, 2017 at 4:53 PM

I’m still trying to open up my heart to love again, but having much difficulty with that. Trust and honesty is a big factor for me before I give my heart to a woman again. They say time is a healer, it’s been 18 years now and love hasn’t found me, yet I’m content, for knowing love in my lifetime, my taste was bliss and I will always want the scent of a woman near me, I get it from time to time, Lavender my opiate. Lovely poem Tony, yes LOVE is all we need, it comes in many disguises. Cheers.

• August 1, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Thanks Vincent, yes I share your sentiments, having been somewhat battered in relationships. My problem is finding the right soul, one that shares my thoughts on life and is honest. Not an easy task. But as you say, we are content in ourselves, as love takes many forms and life is filled with beauty. My love I try to share with all life and existence and with those whom give meaning to my stay here on earth. Pleased you enjoyed the work my friend.