Residents in Waiting

Residents in Waiting
Residents in Waiting

Like cracked pillars of the earth, beneath,
lay dormant the seething fury of darkness,
below the paths of men, bound in caverns deep,
surrounding the earth’s final embers;
and from there they dream of ascension,
to face the light and claim of ages past,
their rightly place.

Before man arose from our four legged ancestors,
they strode an inhospitable planet
and found life within the crust,
as life they sustain still,
but a doorway from the likes of humanity,
and flourish in darkness they do,
savage an unforgiving.

Many breach the surface and take on
human skin, shape-shifting their gift,
and wander the human world,
many sympathetic to our plight,
friends of aged insights and knowledge,
that watch with hope
we survive ourselves.

Most remain hidden, with darker plans,
considering their own plight,
and a future upon the surface
of a world long inhabited,
biding time, adapting technologies,
until one day they shall rise,
and reckon these worlds that now live apart.

What a surprise for most,
that we are not the first humanoid inhabitance,
and our beginnings lost in their antiquity,
and for all we know they walk with us,
as many do, watching, waiting,
as we bicker like children,
about ideology, land and power.

Tony DeLorger © 2017

Philosophical Poetry release: Amazon link

Tony DeLorger

Latest posts by Tony DeLorger (see all)

Tony DeLorger

Full time author, freelance writer, poet and blogger since 1999. Twenty one published works, past winner of 'Poet of the Year' on HubPages, 'Poem of the Year' on The Creative Exiles, writer for Allpoetry.com, Google+, tonydwtf.blogspot.com.au videos on YouTube and book sales on website thoughtsforabeautifulmind.com, Amazon and digitalprintaustralia.com.au/bookstore

5 thoughts on “Residents in Waiting

• June 2, 2017 at 3:35 AM

Originality to the core! Very interesting and a bit frightening, mysterious and intriguing. Well done, Tony. Now I get to go to bed and dream about these mysterious creatures. LOL Great work.

• June 2, 2017 at 3:54 AM

Thanks Phyllis, Glad you enjoyed; unfortunately this is based on truth. I have a friend who’s a retired English teacher in his seventies in Hawaii. One night he took in a mother and a daughter he new from a local market, just to stay the night. They were travelling. The mother revealed their identity and her true form and explained in great detail who and how long they’d been here and that the darker ones of their kind were after them, as they were friendly and had assimilated with humans. I trust this man implicitly and his story is amazing to say the least. Sweet dreams. lol

• June 2, 2017 at 4:09 AM

Tony! I really needed to hear that! LOL But, you know what? I have heard or read many strange stories from people in Hawaii and can believe this. I believe the Hopi legends, that they came from underground into what is now their fourth world. And I worked with a lady in Hawaii when I was in accounting years ago – she told me a few similar stories about a certain race of people that knew mysterious ways and magic. Amazing stuff! Good night – or Good day!

• July 23, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Again, why Tony should humans believe we are the sole occupiers of our planet. There is so much unknown as well as known in historic sightings, bread crumbs of truth dropped constantly and rise to the top. There are many mysteries in our world and to be a skeptic all ones life is doing injustice to our intelligence. I have learned to keep an open mind, especially since my sighting of my own apparition experience in Kentucky a few years ago. I am of the belief that they walk among us and some may share their true identity. There are dark ones and those from the light, time will reveal it to all of us. When, maybe not in yours or my lifetime, but the truths will be revealed. Nicely written my friend.

• July 23, 2017 at 9:18 PM

Glad you enjoyed it my friend. I just watched a doco about Stan Romanek, a man who has probably the most documented experiences in alien abduction, recorded sightings and communication with aliens, than anyone one on earth…157 in total. His proof is compelling and the videos of alien life astounding, peering through his window at night, small orbs of light coming and going in his home and the scars of endless medical procedures on his body. Astounding proof that makes you realign your thinking. Its on Netflix if you get a chance. Cheers!