Each Day

Each day …

day

Dear sun, I pity you

You unfortunate soul

Each day coveted anew

A prayer, a thank you, a stroll,

How do you love from afar?

How can you, when you’re busy

Paving paths, and lighting halls?

It’s mutual that you miss me,

I’ve seen you in withdrawal

Mad enough to sidebar

And tell the storming clouds

To roll on in, and stay

For a while, and enshroud

Me, block me from your rays

Is that really who you are?

Spoiling me a moment,

Outside those tearful squalls

that fell without notice

no recompense my dear ball

You light bearing vanguard

Marred by your existence

To tide amidst the stars

And live unrequited love

Hence you are who you are

Lost to midnights and memoirs.

Paul Neglia

Proud father of 3. Part time writer of poetry and short stories. I want to paint the world in but a few words.
Paul Neglia

Latest posts by Paul Neglia (see all)

Paul Neglia

8 thoughts on “Each Day

• June 1, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Deep thoughts of one in the midst of anger, sorrow and frustration? That is how I felt it. Very well penned, Paul.

• June 1, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Sad for the sun which does not know the meaning of love, by our standards, and frustrated at the times when we need the sun to shine and it is hidden behind a rainstorm. You were correct Phyllis. Thank you so much for your thoughts, i do appreciate them so.

• June 1, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Nice perspective and well penned and evocative. The truth is the sun always shine, just as brilliant as it has every been; its just at times, clouds can get in the way. Lovely peace, very much enjoyed Paul.

• June 3, 2017 at 8:59 PM

True. Sometimes it seems to go into hiding at the worst possible times. Thank you so much for your kind words my friend

• June 2, 2017 at 11:07 PM

We all need the sun to survive and often miss it when it hides behind a cloud or on a rainy day but we complain when it is too hot and scorching. Poor sun knows no love. Good work, Paul.

• June 3, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Exactly. It just seems to go into hiding always when you need it to be shining in the sky. Thank you so much for your kind words John.

• June 3, 2017 at 1:35 AM

What an interesting thought You felt to write about, I hear a soft plea, adoration and empathy to an deity, it’s like You exist because she exists, well done Paul, Your kind and gentle sides are flowering here.

• June 3, 2017 at 9:03 PM

Gh i am so glad that you still put your opinions on my page, i love how your words can transforms certain things ive written, how i would never have thought of it that way, and it is refreshing to say the least, thank you again dear LS.