Nature Walk Restores Spirit

Nature Walk …

nature walk
A Nature Walk Restores Spirit

A peaceful nature walk restores spirit
By taking one through a journey outdoors,
Gifted to us by the Mother, so near it
Is tranquility and beauty galore.
Glorious beauty to enjoy, restores
Us to who we truly are, so dear it
Gives us whatever it is we may need
At the moment, to remember and heed.

I find it good when on a nature walk
To keep my mind open, and just listen,
Focus thoughts on nature, never to talk,
To not intrude on nature’s own voices,
Sounds of nature, the occasional hawk,
Allow beauty all around to glisten,
To remain silent and just be a part
Of nature within my soul, mind and heart.

I love to draw my senses to one thing,
To know how it feels, see how it looks,
Listen close to its voice, to hear it sing,
To see if it thrives by the mountain brooks,
Prefers quiet shade or with sunny fling,
To dazzle the eye in a special nook,
Where I can sit a spell, quietly rest
To absorb and just admire nature’s best.

Silently I listen, communicate
In my mind with the beauty around me,
There I feel the love of nature and wait
For the inspiration that surrounds me,
To become one with this beauty so great,
It fills me with Mother’s love that grounds me,
To the core of life, her world of love
I am so at home with, so in awe of.
~~~~

© 2017 Phyllis Doyle Burns

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Site Manager, Senior Editor at The Creative Exiles
I have always liked to write.It is important to me that I write with spirit and heart. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.
Phyllis Doyle Burns

Latest posts by Phyllis Doyle Burns (see all)

Phyllis Doyle Burns

I have always liked to write. It is important to me that I write with spirit and heart. When writing poetry, if I do not feel a spiritual connection to what I am writing on, I will discard it and go on to something I can connect with on a spiritual level. I live in the moment, I write from the past or beyond the veil. When writing fiction I go with whatever inspires me at the moment - it could be funny, sorrowful, romantic or sometimes done with the use of colloquial language from mountain folk or other cultural regions. Thank you for visiting.

10 thoughts on “Nature Walk Restores Spirit

• May 18, 2017 at 11:09 PM

Beautiful words and images, Phyllis. Nature is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

• May 18, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Oh! You are most welcome, and thank you, John. I appreciate those kind words. Yes, nature is wonderful. So glad you enjoyed this.

• May 19, 2017 at 12:54 AM

yes beautiful Phyllis, the peace one feels in the embrace of the natural world. Keeps us connected as we all should be. great work

• May 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM

I agree – I’m just kicking myself for reading this wonderful piece at the beginning of my work day instead of at its end….now I’ll be staring out the window all day 🙂

• May 19, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Thank you, Ralph, glad you enjoyed it so much. Sorry you are staring out the window dreaming of a sweet little nook in nature. 🙂

• May 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM

I enjoyed the way you brought such calm into your verse, bringing us away from the bustle of the day and back into nature, where all is pure with existence. I miss the quiet orchestra that is always playing beyond the borders of noise pollution. I’m long overdue for a hike away. Thank you for the reminder, Phyllis, enjoyed it.

Best,
    Mel

• May 19, 2017 at 10:31 AM

You are most welcome, Mel, very happy you enjoyed it. Thank you for the lovely comment. Take care.

• May 19, 2017 at 11:27 AM

And her inspiration is shown in this lovely piece you presented to us here. Nothing like sitting by a small stream flowing with the sun hitting just right in the morning, to be able to soak in all that Mother Nature gives us and enjoy her gifts. Lovely piece Phyllis. ~Paul

• May 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM

Thank you very much, Paul. Such a wonderful comment you leave me, I appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the poem.