Silent Judgement-To All the Words Unsaid

Silent Judgement…

Words Unsaid In Silent Judgement

To all the words, unsaid

held tight beneath your tongue
I hear them

‘Tis in your eyes
smiling a crooked smile

The light of truth, shall prevail
beyond your unfounded silence
crowned with misguided judgement
crumbling
where I hold love, at my breast
without regret

Your success, undressed
stands shivering in its own quiet pain
where my heart would gather you
wrap you, within my genuine embrace

There is no shame
that I myself, have not already bled
no gain, from your need to blame
to whisper, dust across my name
from the valley of your bitter silence

While I will surely stand
tall
naked and true to my own failures
knowing, I own the strength to stay
knowing, I own the strength to say…
I am
I am

listening to all the words, unsaid.

Melissa Hougard

Thank you for visiting.

Latest posts by Melissa Hougard (see all)

Melissa Hougard

I have always enjoyed writing as a creative and healing outlet. Although I am not a formally trained poet, I have found a natural inclination to explore its remarkable power and beauty. I gravitate towards rhyming verse, free of any constraints, and strive to create an experience through sound, flow, and imagery. I am a writer at Allpoetry.com. and a proud Mother of two beautiful boys. Thank you for visiting.

10 thoughts on “Silent Judgement-To All the Words Unsaid

• April 21, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Wow , This was no doubt written by and from a woman’s standpoint , at least I think so , There is no more devotion than from “her ” side is there , at least that unquestioning devotion . Beautiful write Melissa !

• April 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Thank you Ed, yes, sometimes that emotion takes hold of us ladies, but I have no doubt devotion can come from all of us. Appreciate your comment very much.
      Nice to hear from you!
      Best,
      Mel

• April 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Thank you Phyllis, appreciate your encouragement and continued kindness. Glad you enjoyed it, I am certainly out of practice.
      Best,
      Mel

• April 21, 2017 at 6:53 PM

Lovely to have you back here my friend, and what an emotive and evocative work, thought-provoking and filled with such wonderful phrasing and impeccable word usage. I love it. Cheers Mel
    PS. just published the book and will send you a copy when I get them. x

• April 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM

Nice to be back Tony, so glad that you enjoyed it. Big Congrats on the book, I love it, and look very much forward to seeing it in print. 🙂
      Best,
      Mel

• April 22, 2017 at 3:53 AM

Great to see a new poem from you, Mel. Yes, we often have to read between the lines and try to understand the words unsaid. Nice job.

• April 24, 2017 at 11:02 AM

Thank you John, appreciate your patience. I hope to get back in the groove here, I have missed it. I read between the lines too much, I wish I didn’t. Ha!
      Best,
      Mel

• April 24, 2017 at 1:23 PM

There is oh so much already said with just a simple look, a crooked smile, the eyes tell the truth. And the unsaid lines become so easy to understand, hurtful or not. Great piece.

• April 24, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Thank you so much Paul, appreciate the visit. Yes, the eyes speak volumes, so many emotions conveyed. Glad you liked the piece.
      Best,