Her Body

Her Body

Her body

…and how I would barter my soul

For one more night of requited love,

Lost in the shambles of passion

Consumed by the flames thereof—

scorched by the pulse of my heart

I need your soul to be engorged

With mine,

As the moment assimilates you,

And I in the redder lush of wines

Feel the soft caress of your lips

In sacrilege betwixt the Lord’s eyes

Enveloped by delirium

Indulgent; I ask that you try—

And I will become your hands

Like tethered silk on your skin

Indulging a while, the creamy coat,

adopting you as ecstasy’s twin.

Paul Neglia

Proud father of 3. Part time writer of poetry and short stories. I want to paint the world in but a few words.
Paul Neglia

Latest posts by Paul Neglia (see all)

Paul Neglia

14 thoughts on “Her Body

• March 9, 2017 at 2:24 PM

Sensual and erotic. A most inviting use of language to create the aura of sweetest love making. Excellent, my friend!

• March 10, 2017 at 6:13 AM

My dear friend i thank you so much for your kind words and i am glad you enjoyed this offering.

• March 9, 2017 at 3:12 PM

OMGosh!, you romantic man, Paul. I was speechless when I first read this poem and had to take a few minutes to comment. I can hardly type – this poem is so evocative. The first stanza puts the reader on notice that this is a memorable, passionate verse. Excellent phrasing, dear poet. Great work.

• March 10, 2017 at 6:16 AM

Thank you so much Phyllis i am glad this offering gained favor with you. Much appreciation my friend.~Paul

• March 9, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Beautifully worded and phrased Paul, of classic love poetry filled with desire and passion. Lovely work my friend.

• March 10, 2017 at 6:17 AM

Thank you so much Tony i am glad this piece caught your eye, much appreciation my friend.~Paul

• March 11, 2017 at 5:57 AM

Thank you so much Nithya.

• March 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM

The sheer power of this piece for me beside the effective first line that allow us to drown at once to Your words, is that I found it totally manly, I can feel the man’s heart, spirit, desire and essence, expressed in the most deep and emotive way, the primal need to unite with his woman, this fine little poem of Yours dear Paul stands in the top of Your bests, You must write more of those ones, and I know Your lovely wife will admire it with a picture of hers, now are You all men love blondes? lol

• March 10, 2017 at 10:57 PM

I would like this one to be posted in W.N, but You told me You can’t post the same poem in both sites write?
      The truth is I was writing something which reminded me with this one.

• March 11, 2017 at 6:04 AM

Yeah there is some stipulation that you cannot post on multiple sites. Truth be told my wife is a brunette, though I do have a liking for blondes. I didn’t want it to seem too manly, but these thoughts do seem to introduce themselves too often not to be shared. Thank you again my friend for appearing on my page, you are always most welcome here my friend. ~Paul

• March 11, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Paul my friend, Your poem is perfectly flowing with profuse passions, thus only a true man can express it the way You did, that what my words mean.

Blessing to Your beautiful brunette, and You her adorer.

• March 11, 2017 at 9:31 PM

awesome read and very romantic….

• March 12, 2017 at 7:40 AM

Thank you Kurt. Much appreciation.