Petty Larceny

Petty Larceny …

petty larceny

So frequent I question when your lies began

how secrets clasped through granite chests.

Where penknives pierced in lithe-like spans

Small and serpentine they’d manifest.

Thus breached my soul an albatross

Writhe like lightning sheets, then all but gone

Your slavered mouth in waves of dross

I’m sick of life where heartbreak spawns.

So take your sugar coated lips

And kiss another’s shedding skin

When off your tongue the poison drips

my heart so plucked like violins.

The words of two-faced wit you spit

each phrase with gossamer deceit.

A vile beguiling counterfeit,

my heart the petty larceny.

How frail are you who cannot love

And judge how you will be in kind

For friend and God we ask above,

that your heart forever searches blind.

Paul Neglia

Paul Neglia

Proud father of 3. Part time writer of poetry and short stories. I want to paint the world in but a few words.
Paul Neglia

Latest posts by Paul Neglia (see all)

Paul Neglia

9 thoughts on “Petty Larceny

• January 25, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Very well penned verse, Paul, about the harmful ways of lies. I admire your excellent choice of words that give strong impact to your poetry. Well done.

• January 26, 2017 at 10:41 AM

Thank you so much Phyllis. Lies are what kills love. I am glad you took favor with this piece.~Paul

• January 25, 2017 at 7:08 PM

You do have a way with words Paul, this is a great read

• January 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM

Thank you so much Kurt.~Paul

• January 26, 2017 at 4:57 AM

Your flowery words emit petals which grow from, and with, a before unknown magic. Your thoughts are so well spoken, as to be compressed into spells which weave their magic into the air and swirl from your mind to the reader’s. So well composed and presented, I almost had to retrieve my dictionary to unravel those thoughts bespoken. Brilliantly written, my most fervent reviewer and confidant!

• January 26, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Thank you so much my dear friend i am glad you took the time to read my stuff on a different site. Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated.~Paul

• January 26, 2017 at 10:54 AM

Beautifully written Paul..i wonder why some people find pleasure in lying and deceiving others..i only hope that i never come across such a person because it is quite hard to see through them because they all wear kind and smiling faces..enjoyed reading this and thank you for sharing..i see i have missed a few of your writes ..was busy organizing a friend’s baby shower ..will surely catch up..do take care..

• January 26, 2017 at 11:55 AM

Some people cant help it. Its a sickness once they start they cant stop, ive dealt with people like this before. Sad. You completely lose trust with them. Those baby showers can be tedious. Take care my friend i will see you soon~Paul

• January 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM

Some people can’t help themselves, Paul. “Sugar coated lips” says it well. The trouble is the often continue to get away with it and people give them the benefit of the doubt that they will be truthful next time. A very well-written piece of poetry here, as we have come to expect from you.